#68

Prayer

I kept making dua for a friend of mine because there was something huge she wanted and knew was impossible without God's miraculous blessings. I prayed in sujood, when it rained, when I broke my fast- constant prayer for her.

And so what happened? Literally, it happened to me. With full conviction and intensity, the duaa I prayed nonstop for her came true completely out of the blue for ME.

But it didn't come true for her. In fact, I didn't tell her when I was the one who received what she had so deeply longed for because I knew how much it would hurt her. I was so shocked that I was the recipient of the gift she wanted so badly.

But you know what did happen for her? Something even better and at a better time and in a better way than she and I had been asking for. The miraculous gift she had wanted so deeply came to her in a completely different packaging than she had hoped for, but it was beyond what she could have even asked for. She was given the perfect gift for her, while I was unexpectedly given the best one for me.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) taught us that when you pray for your brother or sister behind their back, ...the angel says: And for you the same" (Muslim).

The wife of Abu Darda asked why he would pray for so many of his friends. He replied, Shouldn't I desire that the Angels supplicate for me?

If you want something great, something beautiful, something maybe even impossible- pray for your loved ones, your friends, your acquaintances, maybe even your frenemies to receive it and observe the blessings in your own life.