#47

Not Mine

I still remember how you used to smile at me when we were holding hands. How we'd wake up early just to watch the sunrise together before we had to go to our separate workplaces. How you'd always leave a small post-it note for me with my lunch, knowing I might have a crappy day and that your note was actually something I'd look forward to.

I remember how you used to laugh at all the stupidest things I said. How every time I forgot something important, you never made it a big deal, you laughed it off, and we'd go and have a good evening.

I remember this one picture in particular - you and I sitting together near the beach, looking out towards the sea, completely lost in the moment. We weren't really talking, and you took my arm and put it around your shoulder. I've never told you this, but the reason we weren't talking was that I was at a loss for words.

I remember so many things about you, about us, all the moments that we've been together and apart, how after everything we'd always find a way back to each other but somehow this time it's different. This time you seem distant, and I finally know why.

I'm no longer the one for whom you save that smile of yours, the one I've told you so many times I'd die all over for.

No, it's no longer me, and I don't even know how or why, but you've moved on, and you're no longer mine.