Pleasure in the Truth

Prologue

Carrie and I rushed down the hallway to the girl I most envied. Taylor Marshall. She was the most popular girl in the school. Also, she was "supposed" to be the prettiest girl too. I begged to differ with that statement. I saw her at the locker, putting on lip gloss in her mirror. I slammed her locker, and shouted in her face.

"What is wrong with you, Taylor? We were best friends last year. Now, you’re talking behind my back and making rumors about me and Jacob! Real talk, what is wrong with you?

"One, get your hot breathe away from me. Two, what are you talking about idiot!" I punched her in the face, and she fell to the ground. I pounced on her and start to punch her in the face. I got off of her and I picked her up violently and slammed her into the lockers.

I saw Taylor Marshall run into the girl’s bathroom, then followed her slaves, Brittani and Casey. They followed her everywhere she went. The person that was holding me gently dropped me in their car. I wiped my eyes, and looked whose car I was and who was driving. It was my ex-boyfriend, Jacob Adams. He looked at me. I curled up in a ball and looked at him. He hesitantly started he car, but didn't start driving. I closed my eyes, for what felt like.

I felt his hand wipe away my tears. I opened my eyes and I got closer to him. I could feel his eyes on my lips and my eyes on his lips. Violently, are lips crashed into each other. My whole body tingled with excitement. My lips ran away from his. We both looked at each other in confusion. I slapped him.