Chapter 6 - Creature

Comenzar desde el principio

Slowly, my gaze begins to trace the contours of his face, taking in every detail. His chiseled jawline, strong yet refined, commands attention. The subtle wave of his dark locks cascades over his forehead, framing his piercing eyes. Those eyes, like pools of liquid silver, seem to hold a thousand secrets within their depths. I feel there's much I've yet to learn, much I want to learn.

As my scrutiny intensifies, I become acutely aware of his flawlessly sculpted features. A strong nose that complements his dominant charm, lips that beckon with a hint of mystery. Even the play of light and shadow seems to conspire to highlight his striking countenance and features making him appear celestial.

But it is not just his physical appearance that captivates me. There is something beyond the surface, an unspoken allure that permeates the air around him. It draws me in, like a moth to a flame, despite the danger that looms. I know I should resist, should focus on survival, yet my gaze lingers, unable to look away.

Suddenly a flash of movement catches my eye. It is too fast for me to make out what it is, but it's enough to make me feel on edge. Legion must have seen it too, because he visibly tenses up and wraps his arm around me.

"What was that?" My voice is shaky.

Legion simply shakes his head and keeps walking. He then speaks in a foreign language to his men and they all seem to respond by tensing up.

Suddenly, the movement can be seen again. It goes by as fast as lightning, almost right in front of me and Legion. It's too quick for me to see what it is, but I can feel the gust of wind it leaves in its wake. Legions arm around me pulls me closer to him, and I know he saw and felt it too. Whatever it was it came too close to us.

Legion speaks again in the language I can't understand, I want to ask what he's saying but given the previous shaking of his head I doubt I'll get much out of it. I know whatever this is, it's a threat to us and I hate being left in the dark. Yet again Legions stubbornness could have me bubbling with anger if it wasn't for my fear right now. A part of me wants to blindly trust him.

I'm not used to being scared. Being a white wolf I always kind of thought I could take on anything, maybe because people around me always made me feel like white wolfs were savage monsters. But now that I'm out of the comfort of everything that's ever been familiar to me, I'm experiencing all sorts of things I've never felt or seen before. 

Legion finishes saying whatever he was saying to them and they all drop their bags and leap into their wolf form within a second all around us, still with two in the front and two in the back.

Snarls and growls can be heard all around us from his men and just as I'm about to understand the real danger of the situation Legion speaks. "Don't be frightened, but do not say another word." His voice is practically a whisper.

I open my mouth to speak but his big hand covers my mouth before I can get a word out.
"Don't." Legions voice is rushed.

I stare up at him in shock, confused and frightened at the same time.

Legions eyes are intense and I can feel heat radiating off his body. "We need to keep moving."

I simply nod now feeling like all I can do is follow his lead as this seems to be life or death.

Suddenly, one of Legions wolves lunges forward and bite down on the unknown creature in a blink and disappear into the snowy trees with the thing that had been moving too fast for me to see. Did it try to attack?

We all stand perfectly still as we try to watch the struggle in the trees, though the snowy terrain is covering them fully. Sounds of growls and aggressive snaps can be heard, then a sickening crunch emerges from the trees.