21

"You're just going to say you love me and walk away?"

Beomgyu spun around faster than he thought was possible. His eyes were wide.

"Haein," he exhaled, a warm feeling going through his body as he heard her voice after what seemed like forever.

"Well," she crossed her arms over her chest, her face straight.

He blinked, unsure of what to say. "Haein, I'm so sorry."

She frowned a little, "You messed up."

Beomgyu nodded quickly, "I know. I know I did and I should have never read those letters because I know they were per-"

Haein shook her head, cutting him off, "Not because of the letters. Well those too."

Beomgyu gave her an odd look, "Then... messed up with what?"

Haein gave him a very, very small and sad smile.

"You messed up by falling for the broken, damaged girl."

Beomgyu blinked, shaking his head slowly. "What? No, Haein. You're-"

Haein turned around and cut him off, "Let's talk." She walked further into her room.

Beomgyu, still confused about everything that was happening, faltered and paused for a moment before following her into her room and closing the door behind him. His head was pounding against his chest, a feeling going through his whole body that he hadn't felt before.

They sat side by side on her bed leaning against the headboard.

Beomgyu licked his lips, "Are you mad at me?"

Haein shrugged softly, not looking at him. "Not so much mad, just hurt."

Beomgyu clenched his jaw, a strong sense of guilt coursing through his body. "I'm sorry. For whatever it's worth, I really am."

"I know," she mumbled as she fiddled with her fingers. "I've just... been in this spot before. For some reason, with you, I was just sure that I had no reason to not trust you, so it hurt more that you broke that trust when I thought I didn't have to worry about you doing that. I guess that's the thing with trusting someone - hurt is part of the package."

Beomgyu shut his eyes, exhaling for a moment before he looked at her with eyes filled with regret. "I wouldn't expect you to trust me again but I would do anything to prove to you that I only care about you. I just... I'm so sorry that I ended up being just like the rest of them - 'my people'."

Haein bit the inside of her cheek, not having a lot else to say.

"I meant everything I said," Beomgyu's voice was soft. Haein didn't understand how she could possibly stay mad at someone like Beomgyu.

Haein gave him a sullen look, biting her lip. "I love you too, you know."

Beomgyu blinked, feeling the wind sucked out of him. "You... you do?"

Haein let out a breathy chuckle, "I do."

Beomgyu just stared at her, unsure of how to react because those were the last words he was expecting to hear from her - especially right now.

Haein laughed when she saw the look on his face. "Don't be that surprised. I... I've never really felt this way about anyone, at least not this strongly before," she stared down at her hands as she messed around with her fingers. "I'm not saying it just to say it back. I'm saying it to make sure you know."

Beomgyu exhaled slowly, a small lip twitching his lips upwards. "We're good?"

Haein tried to fight a smile as she chuckled, nodding. "We're okay."

Without thinking twice, Beomgyu turned so his body was facing hers. He reached an arm over to cup one side of her face before pulling her close and locking their lips together.

Haein's whole body felt like it was on fire, her insides twisting and turning with butterflies.

Beomgyu smiles through the kiss, kissing her slowly and softly.

He pulled away after a couple seconds, grinning like a little kid. "I could get used to that."

Haein rolled her eyes playfully, grinning and pushed his chest lightly. "Shut up," she shook her head so her drape around her face as she looked down trying to shield the blush that had taken over her face.

"Hey," he whispered, placing a hand under her chin to raise her head. "No more hiding."

Haein exhaled, a hand resting on his chest. She bit her lip as she peered at him through her lashes. "There's something you should know."