22

"There's something you should know."

Beomgyu peered at Haein with soft eyes, holding her hands in his. "What is it?" He exhaled, a little worried to hear what it was she had to tell him.

Haein inhaled deeply, a squirmy feeling going through her stomach. This wasn't something she talked about - ever. But she knew that in order for anything to work out with Beomgyu, she should tell him the truth. He should kno all her dirty and dark secrets before deciding he was going to love her.

As much as Haein hated having to even speak of this, she felt guilty having to hide it from Beomgyu.

She stared at their hands, not wanting to meet his gaze as she worried what he would think of her after hearing what she had to tell him.

Beomgyu gently traced circles on her skin with his thumb, in a reassuring and comforting manner.

"My samchon... I'm sure you've heard of him in the letters," she didn't look at him as she spoke, her voice soft and vulnerable.

Beomgyu nodded slowly, looking at her with sweet and warm eyes. "Yes," his voice was in a whisper. "I've... heard of him. What did he do to you?"

Haein shut her eyes for a moment, just giving herself a second to breath. "He... raped me. Twice."

Haein didn't look up to Beomgyu until moments after the words left her mouth. She was worried and scared that he would look at her differently, that he would think she's disgusting.

Beomgyu inhaled slowly through his noes, his heart aching as he heard the words leave her mouth. His eyes softly pulled together, a torn look in his eyes.

"Haein," he exhaled, his voice barely audible. "I'm so..." he shook his head, not sure anything he could say would make any of this easier. "I'm so sorry."

Haein offered him a small, half-hearted smile. "Don't be."

Beomgyu shook his head more sternly this time, "Of course I should. You don't deserve that. That's... I'm so sorry you ever had to go through that. I'm so sorry that happened to you."

Haein gave him a soft look. "Thank you, Beomgyu."

Beomgyu sighed, not taking his eyes off her for a second. "Are you okay? Stupid question, sorry."

"Stop apologizing," she chuckled softly. "I am. I..." Haein paused. "So much has happened that sometimes I feel like everything just brushes by me and I don't even notice anymore, because I've been sad and hurt so many times that now I'm just... empty. With my eomma leaving, my appa turning ice cold after she left and always fighting with Taehyun, then Samchon Min, then how Jay used me. I'm not sad anymore, I'm just tired."

Beomgyu frowned, hating hearing her say all these things. He just wanted to see her smile a genuine smile and feel upmost happiness. It broke his heart knowing that she had dealt with all of these terrible things.

"Let it hurt until it can't anymore," he spoke softly. "I believe that soon, when all is well, you're going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you didn't give up. You're so strong and so beautiful, Haein. I really hope that one day you get the world in the palm of your hands, just how you deserve."

Haein smiles softly, her face flushing and chest feeling heavy. "You're too nice to me."

Beomgyu shook his head, giving her a little smile. "You only deserve the best."

Haein let out a breathy laugh, "If that's what you believe."

Beomgyu frowned, reaching over to tuck her hair behind her ear which only caused her cheeks to go bright red. "No," he shook his head. "You accept the love you think you deserve. You aren't realizing that you deserve so much incredibly more."

Haein blew air out in her cheeks, "Like I said, the broken and damaged girl." She offered him a cheeky grin.

Beomgyu let out a small chuckle, "Beautiful."

Haein, like usual, tried to glance away to hide her blush but before she could, Beomgyu leaned over and caught her lips between his, kissing his softly before pulling away.

"What was that for?" Haein exhaled breathlessly, her whole body feeling like it was tingling with tiny butterflies everywhere.

Beomgyu shrugged lightly, grinning. "Just 'cause I can't get enough of you, Kang Haein."

Haein chuckled, shaking her head. She couldn't believe she was actually sitting here, in her room, kissing Choi Beomgyu - the perfect hottie, popular guy from her school.

"Get used to it," he quirked an eyebrow. "Because I want you to be my girlfriend."

Haein blinked, the smile dropping off her face. She looked at him with wider eyes than normal, her breath feeling like it was snatched out of her throat. She didn't think she was hearing right.

"W-what?"

Beomgyu chuckled softly at the look on her face. "Well, Kang Haein, will you be my girlfriend?"

Haein's mouth went agape, exhaling sharply. "Are you... are you sure?"

Beomgyu gave her a dull look but was still amused, "Of course I'm sure. Don't doubt yourself so much, Haein. Like I've said, I think you're incredible and wish you could see yourself the way I do."

A small sheepish smile grew on her lips, her whole face heating up. She nodded slowly as she scooted closer to him. She wrapped her hands around his neck and smiled softly as she leaned forward and locked their lips.

Beomgyu smiled between the kiss, his heart feeling full as he kissed her back.

Haein pulled back slightly, her lips still brushing against his. She smiled shyly, "Yes," she exhaled. "I will."