12

Dear Haein,

I don't care anymore.
Beomgyu just... warms my heart and makes me feel important.
And maybe I am just being stupid again by trusting him
but I can't help it. He's easy to trust.
So, I'm going to stop overthinking it
and just let myself be...
friends with him, I guess.
No more over analyzing or over thinking.
I'm just going to trust.- Haein

Beomgyu smiled as he read the note for the third time, not being able to control his chest feeling warm as he was seeing that Haein was opening up a little bit.

It was progress, even if it wasn't a lot.

"Hi," Haein looked up when Beomgyu had sat down beside her in their English class they shared.

Haein blinked, still not used to the fact that he really was trying to be friends with her. "Hi," she smiled softly, looking down at her desk.

Beomgyu smiled, finding it cute how she was still so shy around him. "I was actually wondering if you would proof-read my essay for me."

"Really?" Her eyebrows furrowed together.

He shrugged, "Yeah, you said you like English."

Haein felt a warmth in her chest seeing that Beomgyu remembered that minor detail. "Sure, you can email it to me if you want."

"I actually have it at home," he told her casually. "My computer wasn't working so I just wrote it out myself."

Haein nodded her head slowly, not sure why he was telling her that. "Okay... you can bring it tomorrow if you want."

Beomgyu frowned. "It's due first thing tomorrow morning. You wouldn't want to... come over and check it over real quick?"

Haein felt her lungs close up for a moment. One of the most gorgeous and popular boys was inviting her over to his house. This had never happened to her before. "Uh..."

Beomgyu laughed at the befuddled look on her face. "After school. You can just come over, I'll drive."

Haein exhaled a shaky breath, "I mean... if you really want me to."

Beomgyu grinned, "Great."

So, after school had ended, Haein met Beomgyu out in the parking lot and they drove to his house.

"You have a nice home," she said as she glanced around once they entered his house.

"Thanks," he mumbled, closing the door behind him. "Come on," he guided her up the stairs to his room. "Take a seat anywhere. Let me grab it."

Haein smiled as she took the stapled papers, seeing his writing was actually very neat. So was his room, which surprised her a little.

Within 15 minutes, Haein was done making notes and proofreading his work. She handed the papers to him, "Here. You actually did really good."

"You're done already?" Beomgyu's eyebrows furrowed as he took the papers. "That was quick."

She shrugged softly, hiding her face away from him because she suddenly felt like a big nerd. "I'm good at English?" She offered as an excuse.

Beomgyu chuckled, "Thanks. You're good."

Haein shrugged a little again.

She started to get off his bed, "I should probably get home."

Beomgyu frowned, "What, why? You just got here, let's eat or something."

He wanted me to stay? Haein was confused, still surprised. For some reason, she couldn't get used to the fact that Beomgyu really did like spending time with her.