20

❝ Sometimes I wonder, why? ❞

Sometimes I wonder, why? ❞

Alora sat on her bed scrolling through her phone and thinking about yesterday.

She felt confused with her feelings towards Chad, but she also didn't know if she should ask what they are just yet.

The feeling of betrayal worried her, she didn't wanna end up being hurt again. Chad liked Alora, genuinely. He's always had feelings for her, since the day they met.

When he first seen her, and got to know her, he felt an instant connection.

Everytime she would be around him, he felt safe around her. Chad really didn't wanna leave her side. When he would see Alora hurt, it would also hurt him.

Alora put her phone on her nighstand letting out a big sigh. She got up and grabbed the journal on her desk before opening it up to a blank page, grabbing a pencil.

"Dear Ethan," were the first words she wrote.

She picked up her pencil again before writing.

"Dear Ethan,

It's only been a couple weeks since you've been gone. You have never left my mind. You will always have a special place in my heart, even though you hurt me. I felt so safe around you, you made me feel cared for. I thought I could trust you, but I guess that didn't go so well. I miss you. I miss you alot, but I had to do what was best. Sometimes I wonder, why? Why did you make me become so close to you? Why did I fall inlove with you? Why did you have to betray me? Us? We could've made it further in life together. Ever since that first day I met you at the airport, you seemed so nice. You were nice. When you came over to the apartment. When we texted. When we hung out, took photos. Ethan, what happened? I wish I could still talk to you. If you were still here I would be sitting next to you right now. I still look through our text messages, and our photos. You were such a good person. I also still have your necklace you gave me. I keep it safe in a box. Life has been okay back at home, I have a therapist. I haven't been going lately though. I just stay in my room most of the time. Thinking about everything. I wish you could've just seen someone, gotten help. I guess everything happens for a reason though, right? Just know, I'll still love you, Ethan.

Love, Alora."

She ripped the paper out of her journal and folded it neatly opening the small box that had the silver necklace in it, she put the folded letter in there and shut the box.

She got up and grabbed her phone to unlock it and scrolled through her contacts and pressed on 'Ethan 💜'.

The phone rang a couple of times before going to his voicemail,

"Hey, it's Ethan. I'm most likely asleep or just ignoring you, give me a call back later."

A tear fell down her cheek, she was sad and all she did was wanna hear his voice one last time.

Her finger hovered over the delete contact button, she was hesitant to press it but did anyways.

Alora walked back to the desk and grabbed the small box and went towards her closet opening the doors.
She put the box up on a shelf the was above her clothing rack.

She felt relieved to let everything go and wished to keep it there, hidden.

That was when she decided she was gonna move on from the past.

No more living in the past.

No more thinking about the past.

No more grieving.

Alora wanted a fresh start, to everything, and this was just her beginning.

——

thank you for reading,

❝ DEATH ❞

🎥