05

❝ Am I gonna die a virgin? ❞

Everyone was sitting down on benches outside of their college as Mindy stood up infront of them. "Okay nerds, listen up." She announced having everyone's attention. "As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to reedem myself for not calling the killers last time."

Alora crossed her arms leaning her head back. She couldn't get over what happened last night, with ghostface attacking her. Then ending up in the hospital. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't get if off her mind.

"The way I see it, someone is out to make a sequel to the requel." Mindy continued to speak.

Anika looked up at her in confusion as she raised her hand slightly, "Um, what's a requel?"

Mindy turned to her and smiled pointing at her, "You're a beautiful, sweetie. Let's hold questions to the end."

Alora started to fiddle with her fingers. She looked around at the friend group but then her eyes landed on Chads as they made eye contact for a bit. "You alright?" He mouthed. She gave him a smile and a thumbs up.

"Stab one took place in woodsboro." Sam stated, "Stab two took place in college." Mindy added.

"So, we think the killer is trying to copy the movies?" Tara asked looking at the two of them.

Mindy nodded in confirmation, "That is one possibility. Heroes now in college; check." She pointed at Tara before speaking again, "Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and/or body count; check, check and check!"

Alora started to feel pain in her leg again, and in her head. She looked through her bag to take another pill for her pain. "Shit." She mumbled. "You okay?" Ethan asked turning next to her. "I just forgot my pills at the apartment. My head is pounding." She said brushing her hair back with her fingers.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." She said shaking her head. "Would it be weird if I layed my head on your shoulder?" She asked looking up at him.

"Go ahead," He said trying to hide his smile.

"We're in a franchise!" Mindy exclaimed, flopping her arms to her sides. The group just gave out blank stares not knowing what to say. "there are certain rules for a continuing franchise."

"Of course there is."

"I had a feeling."

Mindy started to talk again gaining everyones attention, "Rule number one: everything is bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count, longer chases, shootouts, beheadings. You gotta top what cam before to keep people coming back."

Chad looked up from his notebook holding up his pen. "Beheadings?" he asked.

"Beheadings. Rule number two: whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by sibverting expectations."