Francesco opens his stupid mouth, "If you want my opinion—"

"I don't," I snap, "I have my own."

He huffs and drinks more whiskey.

Dario sighs, "Lorenzo you can support her by helping her—"

"If she wanted support she would've come to me. She doesn't need me and I'm okay with that."

Mario frowns.

"What?" I say to him.

"She needs her family, Lorenzo. You have been searching for her for five years and what? You're willing to stop now because you think she's going to come back? What if she doesn't? What if she gets her revenge and disappears? What are you going to do then?!"

I frown. I've seen her. She's setting this whole thing up like it's nothing like it's a chore. Every death has a meaning.

Yavok's second in command. Levi Orlav. The Fifteen and well I would say that random man but Hades killed him before Athena did. I don't understand why and I'd rather not.

They all have a meaning and I wonder who's next. I wonder what will happen after the fifth ball.

Will it all be over? I hope it will. Will she finally come back to us? She better. Does she miss us? If she does, I will welcome her back with open arms. Does she need us? Because if she does, I'm ready to help her heal.

I just want her back but this is on her terms and conditions. I can't do anything about it but wait.

But dammit. I want to go find her and lock her up here forever so she can never be taken away from me again. I know I can't do that, it would be cruel to get rid of her freedom and rights.

And she's changed so much. Of course, she has. She's gone through a lot, I know she has. I can tell by her cold and dull eyes.

When she walked into that ball and I saw her; it terrified me. It terrified me to see her lose her spark, her shine, herself.

I look at my Uncles and sigh. "She's my sister and I don't even recognize her. I don't know what goes through her head, I don't know what she's planning, I don't know shit. So I'm going to sit back and watch because I have tried so damn hard to get her back and here she is, alive and free. She escaped. She fucking escaped."

All three of my uncles have sad expressions on their faces.

"One thing I do know," I say, "is that she knows what she's doing. So I will put my full devotion to her and wait. I will wait for her to come back to us, and if you have a problem with that go complain to somebody else."

Mario sniffles, his eyes bloodshot, "That was beautiful, Lorenzo."

Dario nods, sadly smiling, "It was and we understand your decision."

"Can I go back to my whiskey? This is too emotional for my liking," Francesco says, slowly sliding the bottle of whiskey toward him.

I rub my temples, anger bubbling up inside of me. "All of you. Get. Out." They curse and leave my room faster than a cheetah.

Sighing in relief, I pour myself another drink. They know how to push my buttons and it pisses me off.

I drink my whiskey, tired. It's only eleven pm, I should be drinking coffee instead of whiskey and preparing to do more work.

But I knew when the third year of Athena gone it really started to hit. Time flew by and I was still stuck in time, thinking Athena was still here. Then reality hit me and it broke me. I knew that there was too much below deck not to shatter my carefully laid floor when it came up.

My Mafia KingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara