Journal Entry 24#

Entry 24: The Mongers' Feast

Journal today and tonight my belly is filled to the brim. My belly is a bit bloated and it aches a little... I think I ate too much salmon meat or maybe it's because of the chowder Mama Bing made for all of us. Nah, it doesn't matter it was one heck of a good feast I'd say!  Crazy things just happened that almost ruined this feast and I'm going to tell the story about it.

It all started at 5 in the morning, I was awakened by the loud, I mean deafening sound from the shift horn or alarm. I screamed and asked Harmony if we were being attacked or something. Harmony groaned out of her sleep.

"YAWN*... Sis, Calm yourself it's just the Shift Siren..."

"Huh? Shift what?..." I stupidly asked her.

"I said Shift Siren, don't mind that it's not our work hours yet, Paris. Just go back to sleep." Harmony vaguely replied to me but I kept asking her until I forced Harmony to rise from her bed as she rubs her eyes.

My 2nd sister looks at me with her clear black line beneath her eyes, I guess she didn't have enough sleep tonight. I think she was busy studying a case she had with... a certain Inkiling and Inktoling...

I'm talking about my sister Eliza and my childhood friend Jayden...

Anyways, Harmony was about to speak, but Eliza rudely interrupts us, "It means that the 5 Am shift has begun, Idiot... Can't you guys be quiet and let someone gets some sleep before another day of hell begins?" She complained as she covers herself with her blanket.

This little... AUGH! I want to strangle her, but my big sister conscious and Harmony's influence is telling me to have patience with her. I groaned and quietly headed outside our room. 

I surveyed the large courtyard for a bit and looked up at the sky. It was still dark but I can see the sun rising from the horizon behind the mountains. I stared at the blue sea for a moment and took in a deep breath expecting the salty smell of the sea, but...

Oh, the smell! It was killing my nose and my sense of smell! The smell! THE SMELL! It was indescribable! The morning trash from the kitchen! I noticed two people pushing the heavy green trash bin. It was Mario and... Jayden?... Guess Jayden's punishment is that severe huh? I watched him struggle to push the bin while holding his breath. He really doesn't like the smell and his assigned job... 

After a few minutes of watching him struggle to get the trash on the dump truck, He sat down on the porch of the Mongers' cabin and he was mumbling... I guess it's about Tito Jaycee, his dad... Jayden looks beaten and very tired and frustrated. He looked like he was about to blow a fuse or become wild, just like how he almost...

No... No... Don't remember that Paris! Get yourself together!... 

Sigh... I guess he was forced to wake up early to do this. Well, at least he was rewarded with a hot choc from Peach and a compliment and praises from Mario. The timing of them though, a few more minutes Jayden would have lost it... 

I shiver to think about what he's been through the past weeks to test his patience. 

 Jayden smiled and hugged Mario. I saw him smile... and observed him closet... on his cute signature smile... Memories from my previous life... This was the Jayden I remembered. Strong and always laughing, and... cheerful...

"No matter what happens, Paris?... Remember our promise together?..." His old words haunt me...

"Even if it's in another life?..." I whispered to myself...

Jayden... I did remember and still remember... maybe?... There is still a chance you must have changed over the weeks?...

Foolishly I tried to approach him, while he was taking in some of his hot choco. As I got closer, my heart started to race and my body started to shiver. The dang feeling of fear! It's not allowing me to proceed!