I smiled widely, and ran forwards, wrapping my arms around him and encasing him in a tight hug. He chuckled softly, then hugged me as well. We only pulled away when I made a comment that the horrid smell of the burning bodies was beginning to annoy me. 

"So, what did you tell him, exactly?" Klaus asked as he led me into the living room. "I know that you didn't tell him my plan, otherwise he would have tracked me down by now," he smirked.

"I told him that I wanted Elijah back. I knew he would refuse, which was my perfect excuse."

"Excuse?"

"I want to stay with you again, Klaus. I want to be friends again," I sighed softly as I sat down on one of the couches. He did the same, taking a seat right beside me. "I hate this."

"You know that you're always welcome."

"Well, even though I'm choosing sides, I didn't want Marcel to think that. Right now, he thinks that as long as he gives Elijah back, then I will return to him," I smirked. "He is mistaken."

Klaus grinned. "I've missed that personality of yours."

I smiled, then reached forwards and grabbed a bottle of wine from the table, then stood up and walked into the kitchen. I took two glasses from the cupboard, and he followed me in. I poured the wine into the glasses, handing him one. 

"Even though I wasn't around when you actually made the pact..." I smiled softly at him, and he grinned. I raised my glass, and we clinked them together. "To always and forever."

*

I had a nice rest, but it was a short one. I had been up nearly all night thinking about the consequences of my decision.

I went out into the hallway, and found Klaus standing outside Hayley's room. He seemed uneasy, and I knew why. He had told me what happened with Hayley, and why she was in the quarter. She wanted to kill the baby.

I could smell the wolfsbane, but I would have been able to sense the poison affecting the baby. And it wasn't. "I don't think she-" I stopped when Klaus suddenly walked in the room. He wanted to see what the liquid was, he wanted to make sure that it wasn't Wolfsbane. But it was, unfortunately.

Klaus went into her room, staring at her silently before looking back down at the bench that was placed at the foot of her bed. I wanted to yell at him and tell him to come back, but I didn't dare wake her.

Klaus picked up the small vial, sniffing the liquid inside, right before Hayley's eyes opened.

"I didn't use it," she said. 

He paused, then shoved the dropper back into the vial and set it down. "You're awake."

I walked into the room, and she glanced at me before speaking. She began to sit up. "I could barely sleep all night, this house is like a freaking swamp sauna."

I giggled, and Klaus looked at me with a confused expression.

"What? It's true!" Hayley smiled at my response.

Klaus turned back to the window, sighing. "What stopped you?" he asked Hayley. "You could have been free of all of this... Of me."

"Yeah, well... When I was fighting off those vampires, I realized I wasn't just protecting myself," Klaus looked at her with a puzzled expression, almost the exact same as mine. She had a change of heart at the last second, thank god. "Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up and my adoptive parents kicked me out... All I know is push came to shove, and I realized I wouldn't let anyone hurt it."