thirteen

wc: 5610warnings: alcohol consumption, mentions of drug use, quickies, jealousy sex notes: i swear i used the word "flaunt" over a hundred times

wc: 5610
warnings: alcohol consumption, mentions of drug use, quickies, jealousy sex
notes: i swear i used the word "flaunt" over a hundred times.

"my father is having a cocktail party tomorrow." carden said apprehensively while they sat at the table eating breakfast together. he knew donica hated being told things like this last minute.

sure, she lived for spontaneity but when it was big events like this where she has to make an impression she needed at least three days to prepare. now she only has a little more than 24 hours.

she slowly looked up at him from her bowl of shrimp and grits, "carden..."

"it's not my fault! he texted me about it just now!"

he knew about it for over a week and the text he got was to remind him about it.

"oh my- are you serious?! i don't even know what to wear to a cocktail party! what am i supposed to do there?!" she whined.

"well, it's a cocktail party so you don't have to wear an extravagant gown or anything. plus, these things are literally just for wealthy businessmen to flaunt their wealth and form business relationships. we're not eating dinner there so we can leave whenever. oh, and azreal told me charnas going too, so don't stress." he comforted.

"well i'm stressed. thankfully i did my install yesterday or i'd have to go with a ponytail," in an attempt to start learning how to accept when people want to spend their money on her, carden saw her eyeing a 30in buss down online so he snooped and bought it for her. it took a lot for her to stop feeling bad about him spending that much money on it but he had reminded her that the price didn't even scratch the surface of his bank account.

"don't be. it'll be nice to go out, i have a pretty hectic schedule next week." carden admitted.

she supposed he was right. with a hairstyle out the way all she needed to do was figure out what to wear, but she had no idea what to wear to a cocktail party. the more she thought the more visibly anxious she became.

she took a deep breath before getting up from her seat, "i going upstairs to plan with charna. can you clean up?"

"of course, sweetheart." he smiled at her. she walked over to him and kissed his forehead before going upstairs to her room.

__________

"have you figured out what you're going to wear yet?" charna asked over facetime.

donica turned towards the phone as she sat in walk in closet. she huffed looking down at the dresses that looked at her feet, "kinda sorta... you?"

"yeah, i'm just pissed azreal told me so late. come to find out he knew for over a week and totally forgot." she groaned.

donica looked to the side and let her jaw slack, "interesting..."