CHAPTER 9

I know its a late update and I am sorry for that.  As of now I don't know how often I'll be able to update, please bear with me.  So finally here it is, I hope everyone like it.  Also, all the images used in the chapter belong to their rightful owners.

***********

"Akshara Kartik Singhania" Akshara proudly says out loud as everyone watches on.

The Goenka's have the loudest reaction ever.

"Ye kya bol rahi ho tum Akshara?" Suhasini questions, her eyes wide in shock, her tone exposing her displeasure at hearing Singhania after Akshara's name.

"Ji.  Mera naam bol rahi hoon.  Like I said waha rehne ke kuch hi dino baad waha pe mujhe mom and dad, matlab Keerti aur Naksh Singhania mile the.  Main unhe jyada nahi janti thi, but wo jante the and they told me everything about Kartik dad and Naira mumma, even Sirat mumma ke bare main bataya aur uske baad unhone kaha ki koi baat nahi Aarohi ki wajah se main aapke saath bhale hi nahi reh sakti, main unke saath reh sakti hoon.  Like I said maine aap logon se contact karne ki koshish ki thi, lekin jab nahi ho paya I agreed and left with them.  And obviously Gayu bua bhi thi waha unke saath to Vatsal ko bhi tab se janti hoon.  Ritesh ke parents tab humara neighbors the aur uske saath saath bohot purane family friends aur business partners bhi the, to Ritesh ko bhi main tab se jaanti hoon," Akshara tells them calmly, knowing that their reactions aren't going to be the most understanding.

"What do you mean meri wajah se tum inke saath nahi reh sakti?" Aarohi questions, outraged at the accusation.

Vatsal whose next reaction would have been to laugh out loud, tries to suppress the giggles and snorts at the statement, successfully managing to get hit on the head by Akshara and elbowed in the side by Heer, who were both fully focused on their audience and trying to keep a straight face.  Ritesh just shakes his head, trying to stop the small smile that was forming on his face as well due to Vatsal's reaction and a memory of a previous time when they had all joked about the infamous Aarohi-Akshara situation they had all heard about so much.

Even Akshara would have laughed out loud, had she not been in this situation.  Despite her life being so erratic and affected by Aarohi's situation in the begining, she has gotten over it by now.  At first she used to resent Aarohi for it, but later on she deemed it to be for the best.  She was even thankful in a way as that was the reason why she had the family she has now and she has all the people in her life that she loves so much and who love her just as much.  Over the years she has even learned to joke about it.

"Aarohi bachpan main Sirat mumma ki death ke baad tu hi thi jo mere saath nahi reh sakti thi.  Aur tu bhi janti hai aur main bhi usi ki wajah se mujhe boarding school bheja gaya tha.  So don't even try to do whatever you are doing," Akshara says, barely even looking at Aarohi.

Ritesh's phone goes off then, he looks at the screen and then looks up at everyone.

"Excuse me," he says getting up and turns towards Akshara. "You'll be okay right?" he asks her. She nods in response, a small, understanding smile on her face. Out of habit he bends down and places a small kiss on her forehead before walking out of the room.

"Anyways, kuch mahino ke baad mom, dad ne mujhe legally adopt kiya tha.  And because wo mere godparents aur legal guardians the wo bohot easily ho gaya tha.  Wo actually Kairav bhaiya ke bhi legal guardians the lekin bhaiya ko kabhi zaroorat hi nahi padi unki so mom, dad ne unke life main dakhal di hi nahi aur custody ke liye bhi koshish nahi ki.  Lekin hum dono ke saath, saath wo dono di ke bhi legal guardians the, aap unhe Krishna ke naam se jaante hoge, wo ab Kaira Rai ke naam se jaati hai, but ya even she was leagally adopted lekin mujhse kuch mahine pehle hi.  As you know wo Naira mumma ki death ke baad immediately unke saath reh rahi thi, to Kartik papa ke baad bohot jald unki custody mom, dad ke paas gayi aur unhone adoption ke sare legalities finish karliye" Akshara finishes, all the explanations about her past to them.