Chapter 2

Hey guys, thanks for all the votes and comments on the character sketch.  Here is the next part hope you guys like it.  Please do comment and vote.

****************************************

Manish and Harshvardhan are shocked when they hear his name. Ritesh Raheja, world's top entrepreneur. Son of Ritik Raheja who owned more than half of the hotels in the world. The top most reputable family and they wondered how did Akshara know him so well. They both had similar expressions of shock and when they looked at each other they had a small, silent conversation amongst themselves.

Even Kairav recognized him as soon as the name was said, along with Neil who also had read about Ritesh somewhere.

Abhi lets out a forced smile and forwards his, "Nice to meet you," he says.

"Same, bro," Ritesh says, shaking Abhi's hand.

'Aap jante ho iske bare main?' Harshvardhan mentally asks.

'Nahi, pehli baar mil raha hoon isse, na to kabhi Akshu ne bataya,' Manish answers.

'To phir ye Raheja yaha kya kar raha hai?' Harshvardhan wanted to yell, for not being told such a huge personality was going to be attending the sangeet.

'Mujhe nahi pata,' Manish also wanted to yell. He could see what everyone was thinking. They were ready to yell at Akshu and start blaming her, but he didn't want any issues in front of Ritesh.

"Acchi baat hai Akshara beta. Ab chalo sab log khana kha lete hai, waise bhi ab ye sangeet ka dance wagera ho gaya hai aur der bhi ho gayi hai. Let's go," he says before anyone could speak up.

"Ji bade papa," Akshu says and everyone moves towards the food counter. The guests breaking up and leaving after having their food respectively.

"You go ahead, I have to make a call. I'll be there soon," Ritesh tells her and she nods in response, following the rest of the family.

Being the groom and bride's families they were arranged to sit together. Abhi and Akshara, right beside each other at the front of the table, while the others sat on the sides.

Suhasini who sees Akshara piling up the plate with non veg that was kept for the guests gets agitated at the site.

"Ye kya kar rahi ho Akshara?" She whisper yells at her.

"Kya?" Akshara asks genuinely confused and looks around trying to figure out what she did wrong. When she looks down she realizes, "Oh! Don't worry Mimi, ye meri plate nahi hai," Akshu says and goes away towards the table with two plates in her hands. Everyone watches as she walks towards the table and keeps the plate down on the seat on her other side, which was originally supposed to be Manish's. The rest of them walk there as well with their plates.

"Akshara beta, tum aur Ritesh bohot ache dost ho?" Manjiri asks after a moment of silence as everyone got settled. Abhi who was sitting right beside Akshu was silently thanking his mom.

"Ji Manjiri aunty," Akshu says with a slight smile.

"Kab se janti ho isse? Itne close ho to bohot pehle se janti hoga right?" Mahima asks, trying to taunt her.

Without paying attention to the taunt Akshara just smiles and nods her head. "Ji che(6) saal ki thi tab se janti hoon. I don't think I remember a time he wasn't in my life. I don't really remember kya aur kaise mile the, but I am sure he does," Akshu says, looking up to see if he has returned or not. "Main, wo dessert leke ati hoon," Akshu says, not wanting to start without him. As soon as she leaves the table both Harshvardhan and Manish explain to the families to keep quiet and to not create any scenes in front of Ritesh, explaining to them who Ritesh is.