CHAPTER 4

Hey guys, sorry for the wait.  It just took me longer to write this for some reason.  I knew what I wanted to happen, but I just didn't know how to put it down in words.  Anyways, here it is.  Please comment and let me know what you guys think and don't forget to vote, it means a lot to me.

******************************

The rest of the family stands there shocked. Harshvardhan was the first one to come out and start speaking. He used all the points mentioned by Arohi to taunt Manish about Akshara. All the Goenkas, except Arohi, were almost in a trauma. The guilt of all things they have done to Akshu weighs them down.

Abhi finds her sitting on a bench at the end of the hallway. She was staring at the phone, which probably belonged to Ritesh.

"Main phone kar lu? Then we'll talk," Akshu says as she notices him walking towards her

"Sure," he replies and takes a seat beside her.

She picks up the call, finally responding to the impatient person on the other side.

"Hello," she says softly as she brings the phone to her ear.

She waits in anticipation as silence builds up from the other side.

"Nina," she finally hears a voice respond. It was barely audible, a whisper that held so many emotions.

"Hi Buddy," Akshu says, a small smile on her face due to the name he called her. Ever since they were kids he has called her Nina, which ultimately means sister. And she has called him Buddy.

"Nina you have no idea how much I've missed," he says, his voice strong this time, radiating warmth and longing in it.

I do. I do have an idea. I missed you just as much," she says with a similar voice.

Abhi who is sitting beside her notices how her voice changed in a matter of seconds from when she was talking to the others versus to whoever's on the phone. The one thing he realized today was that there are things about Akshu that he has no idea about. Not only him, but by the looks of it her family doesn't either. He feels a strange sense of unease inside him upon realizing that despite physically being so close to her, he was nowhere near her. He watches as she converses on the phone, trying to make sense of everything going on.

"Well I missed you more," he says, as if he were stating a fact.

"That is so not true, I missed you more," Akshara gasps out, acting offended.

"You know we'll go on fighting about this forever and ever. Let's change the topic," he suggests, sensing an argument brewing.

"Fine. Let's talk about how you have zero patience and kept calling Ro's phone for almost forever," she says, clearly trying to annoy him and emphasizing on the forever.

"We'll he's supposed to pick me up tomorrow and I just wanted to make sure he'll be here. The paps will be there so I don't want to have to be waiting for him there," he says.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure he comes and picks you up on time. When do you land?" She asks.

"The flight lands at 7, I'll be out by 8," he informs her.

Akshara nods, taking note of the time. "I'll make sure he'll be there before 8," she assures him.

"You're not coming?" He asks, not liking the fact that isn't as excited as he is to meet each other.

"No I'll stay here and make your favorites for breakfast," Akshara tells him, knowing what he was thinking.

"How? You're staying at a hotel," he states, wondering how making breakfast is more important than meeting her.