CHAPTER 3

Hey guys here's the new chapter.  Sorry it took so long.  It's thanksgiving and family's over, so been a little busy.  New characters have been mentioned in the part, will soon provide a sketch for them.  For now, enjoy reading and don't forget to comment and vote.

**************************************

Akshara S. POV:

There are moments in my life when I wonder how people survive in this world. The first time I wondered this was when I found out Sirat Mumma isn't my own mother. Then when Kartik Papa and Sirat Mumma died. That moment has always been stuck in my mind. After that I felt it when Bade papa and the others told me that I was leaving and going away for school. Those are the only memories I have of them. This family, the Goenkas, that's all I remember of the time I spent with them. Those three days, forever stuck in my mind. They never tried to contact me, except for an occasional message asking me how I am doing once in a few months. They never bothered to find out if I am still at the school they put me in. They just kept sending money into my old account. The account where the money still sat untouched, but they still haven't noticed.

Right now, sitting here, watching all of them watch Ritesh and I, felt like one of those moments. I can feel the judgmental and scrutinizing eyes of each and every person sitting on the table. Before anyone could say anything Rithesh's phone rang, grabbing everyone's attention.

He looks at it and gives a small smile. I look at him questioningly, to which he just holds his hand up asking me to wait for a minute. He accepts the call and puts the phone up to his ears, his eyes, staring into mine.

"Hey mom!" he answers the phone cheerfully.

My brain stops working for a moment. It's been four years since I talked to her. I remember how much I cried hugging her, sharing all of my worries with her, so that mom and dad won't get hurt.

"Akshi bacha, tu sure hai?" she asks, her hands caressing my face. Tears in her eyes, which she hasn't let down, ever since this fiasco happened.

"Yes, Shivi mom. Aur koi option nahi hai. Mom, Dad, Rocky, aap, aur baki sab. This is the only option," I tell her, leaning into her hand, holding them close.

"Thike phir. I am with you. Chahe ho jaye, I will support you. I will always support you," she says, pulling me into a hug. I held onto her tightly, almost to the point where it probably hurt her, but she just held onto me and let me cry.

I am brought back as I feel Rocky take my hand in his and is looking at me.

"I know mom. Akshi..." he says and looks at me waiting for my approval to let her know about me. I just give him a slight nod, realizing that I have tears running down my face. "...wo yahi hai. Sure. I'll ask her," he continues on the phone. He forwards the phone to me, giving me a slight nod.

With a shaky hand I grab the phone and bring it up to my ear.

"Akshi..." she coos down the phone. A sob breaks out of my me as soon as I hear her voice. Ritesh holds my hand tighter, tracing patterns on my palm, trying to calm me. "Ro mat bacha," she says.

"Mom..." I cry, my breathing gets heavier as I don't know how to control myself.

"I know bacha, you don't have to say anything," she says, calmly, letting me cry.

"...I...I miss you," I tell her, clutching the phone.

"I know bacha. I missed you too," she tells me. I can imagine her sweet smile, as she says this. I can see the tears she is probably holding in just like the other day.