CHAPTER 8

Hey guys sorry for the late update. But here it is finally hope everyone likes it. Please read the end note.
*********************

Abhi stands there watching as Ritesh carries Akshara out of the room. Her hands around his neck as her head rests on his shoulder. He couldn't comprehend how he loved Akshara so much, but didn't have a clue as to what is wrong with her. He didn't know what just happened here. He has no idea how she knew Ritesh, one of the biggest and the youngest entrepreneurs in the world, or Vatsal, who apparently is her brother, along with being on of the biggest popstars in the world. He realizes that despite the attraction he feels for her, the care and the love that has taken place in his heart, he doesn't know her at all. He doesn't know anything about her life, her childhood, her work, her like and dislikes, or anything, other than a few things her learned about her along the way.

'Kahi humne shaadi ki jaldi to nahi kar di?' he thinks to himself.

The two families stand there watching Abhi after coming out of shock themselves. The Goenkas have finally understood that no matter what they do Akshara is never going to be carefree and the way she was before with them. They themselves pushed her away when she needed them, and now she is never going to need them in her life.

Manjiri was confused. She thought Akshara was a sweet girl, someone who was close to her family, knew the importance of it and respected it. But now as her relation with the Goenkas is coming to light that image of Akshara is being changed. She is still the person who loves and adores everyone around her, but the moment people like Ritesh, Vatsal, or Heer, who are a part of her unknown past come forward, she forgets everyone around her. And that's what real families feel like. Her behavior with the rest of them starts to seem less personal to everyone as they see interact with the others. Manjiri watches as her son stands there trying to make sense of the situation, lost in his thoughts, a sense of resentment forming in her mind towards Akshara for being this way. For getting so lost in herself to not notice all the others around herself.

Meanwhile, Ritesh puts Akshara down on the couch as they enter his room.

"Paani lau tere liye?" He asks her and goes to get when she meekly nods her head.

He sets the glass on a table after helping her drink it.  He pulls her up lightly and takes a seat behind her.  Her back pressed against his chest as he wraps his arms around her and pulls a blanket over them.

"How did this happen Ro?" She softly asks as she leans into him.

"I don't know," he replies, sighing as he realizes that at least she has stopped crying.

"I mean life kitni easier thi na pehle.  At least forcefully dur to nahi rehna padta tha," she says.  "You remember bachpan main kaise hum sab basketball tournaments rakhte the. Sats used to be the life of those.  He used to love it jab bhi poori family sath hoti thi to.  Aur humare long drives remember raat ko sneak out karte the sab aur subhe wapas aate the," Akshara says remembering all the good times.

"Of course yaad hai, and even I miss all that," he says.

"Sunn you cried enough for Sats lekin tu bhi janti aur main bhi he would hate for us to cry for him.  Isliye no rona.  Jab bhi yaad aye na remember the good, that's how all of have coped with it," he tells her.

They sit there for a moment.  Snuggling closer to one another for the first time in four years.  The comfort they felt with each other was unexplainable despite all the fights and issues amongst themselves.

"I know," she says after a moment of quiet. "I won't cry," she promises.

After sometime Vatsal and Heer enter the room.