Before I leave, I halt.

I slowly turn around and look at my eldest brother.

Lorenzo stares at me.

I wait to see his reaction.

Slowly, a proud smile grows on his face and he nods at me, in a way of telling me, he's proud of me and he will wait for me.

I look at my other brothers, they stare at me in shock. Well, except for Ares, he gazes at me in amazement. Like I am a blessing from the Gods.

I keep my face void of emotions and keep my stare cold and empty. I give them a small nod and then I simply turn around and walk through the double doors and they close behind me.

My heels loudly click against the marble floor, and my fists clench.

Making my way towards the exit, I take my cape off, revealing a zip-up leather bodysuit with leg holsters attached to my legs.

I leave the building and get in the car waiting for me. I throw the cape into a bush and get in. Artemis looks at me as she turns the car on.

Before she can speak, I say, "Just drive." She nods and presses down on the gas.

I look in the rearview mirror and see Yavok and his men running outside. They realize that I'm in the car, escaping them again.

They run to their cars and get in.

I glance at Artemis, "Speed up, they're coming after us."

She nods, and the car moves even faster. The car speeds up behind us and begins shooting at my car.

"Fucking idiots," I mumble, grabbing my gun out and lowering the window. I hang my upper body out of the window and shoot at the tires.

A car swerves off the road, crashing. A few seconds later. The cars move to the other side of the road so I can't shoot them

Without even hesitating, I straddle Artemis and lower the window.

"Athena! What the hell! I can't see what I'm doing!"

I roll my eyes, "Stop complaining, we both know you like this."

She shuts her mouth and I grin.

I stick my head out and shoot at the cars again. A bullet goes through the windshield and pierces through the driver's head, causing them to lose control and drive off the road.

The last car speeds up to us, and I sigh, reloading my gun.

"Faster," I tell her.

"Yes ma'am," she says, winking. I roll my eyes at her. Her and her goddamn dirty mind. She presses down on the gas.

I hang my upper body out of the window again. Artemis places her hand on my hip, making sure I don't fall out of the window, which I know I won't but okay.

The wind comes to me so boldly and touches my skin. It rouses me to wakefulness, as it dances around with my hair.

I shoot at the windshield but it's bulletproof. "Fine then," I mutter angrily.
I shoot at the tires and the car swerves off the road and crashes into a tree. I check if any more cars are coming but there are none.

I sit back in the car and look down at Artemis. She smiles at me, leaning in close, ready to kiss me.

I shove her face back and move back in the passenger seat, sighing in annoyance.

"You have such kissable lips, it's not fair. I just want to kiss them all the time," she quietly complains.

"Yeah, I know," I say, then I look at her.