Chapter 7

"I thought you were sending me to my condo."

Becky asks once they got inside Freen's condo. The older just threw her keys on the table and put her used mask on the trash can.

Meanwhile, the younger one just traced her movements until Freen decides to explain herself. Much to her dismay, Freen ignored her.

The latter found her energy to start cleaning the already clean place. Started vacuuming the spotless floor, rearranging the vases and picture frames, and pushing furnitures back and forth.

"Okay, that's enough, P'Freen." Becky didn't do anything but she got tired of what Freen was doing. 

"Why did you bring me here if you're not gonna talk to me? Did you want me to watch you clean?" She asked the last question sarcastically.

Freen just stared at her without saying anything and them continued cleaning again.

"Okay, enough! You're not being mature today. If you're not gonna talk, then I'm going home."

Becky didn't know what has gotten to Freen. She is suddenly immature and it's very unlikely of her.

She turned around and started walking towards the door but then stopped when the older person got her words to come out from her lips.

"You ignored me first. You didn't reply to any of my messages. You didn't return my calls. You left and didn't tell me. You came back and didn't tell me...again." Freen spit out like she was holding a grudge.

Becky knew her Phi is mad as she can hear and see the heavy breathing. Freen never yells or raises her voice when she's angry. She's always calm but one thing Becky notices is that, Phi hyperventilates when she's infuriated.

"I did sent you a message before I left."

"You're lying. There was none."

"I'm not lying. I sent you a message."

"If you're not lying then where was your message? Got lost in its way maybe because I didn't received it"

"Don't use that sarcastic tone on me, Freen"

"It's P'Freen for you, Nong Becky."

"Well I think it's Freen because you're not really a mature person like Phi today."

Freen glared at the younger person.

"Pointing out a fact is not being mature?" Freen scoff.

"It's not a fact. Get it straight."

Freen dig her pocket to get her phone and scrolled through hers and Becky's chat line. Once she found the last message of Becky, which was dated when they were doing a photoshoot, she flashed it in front of Becky for her to see.

"Tell me it's not a fact." Freen challenged.

Becky realized that the messaged she constructed the day she left Thailand isn't displayed on their chat line.

"...but I did send a message" she said which is almost a whisper.

"It isn't here, is it?" 

Becky was speechless. Was it not sent? She was sure she pressed the send button tho.

"Can you see all of these messages? None were replied." Freen scrolled to the latest message.

Indeed Freen messaged Becky a lot of times.

Becky sighed. She walks to the sofa and slump herself onto it.

"I was sure I pressed the send button tho. But seeing that my message wasn't there, maybe it didn't go through."

"Now, can you admit that you're lying please?"

Becky glared at the person who refuses to lose a battle.

"Can you please stop with the 'lying' word? You're like a broken record. Technically, I wasn't lying. Also, I lost my phone when I landed in England, the reason I wasn't able to see the rest of your messages."

"That's another lie. How can you lose your phone."

"I'm this close to leaving, Freen. Stop with that word." Becky showed Freen a pinch gesture. (🤏🏻)

"You're dishonest." Freen mumbled.

Becky rolled her eyes as she had enough. She stood up and started heading to the door.

"Where are you going?!"

"..."

Becky has put on her slip on shoes and has already reached the door knob when a gentle arms are wrapped around her waist.

"I'm sorry."

——
Author's note:

Please do like, comment and share my short story ^_^