I Don't Dance

A/N - A small chapter. Thank for all 10.6K reads! Bigger things are coming ;)

Y/N POV

"The yule ball.." McGonagall started, "has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity."

All the students of Gryffindor were lined up against the wall of the room, boys on one side, girls on the other. A large record player sat in the corner of the room.

"As representative of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance."

The room broke into chatter, excited chatter. But only the girl with curly brown hair caught my attention with the look of excitement on her face. She turned quickly and was staring across the room at me. Into my eyes. Into my soul.

Surely she already knows I don't dance.

"Silence!" The teacher yelled. "The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

"Try saying that five times fast, huh?" I hear one of the twins whisper from behind me. I turn around to see the other attempting to do just that under his breath. A slight smirk grows on my face.

I look back at the girl across the room and she has her eyes back on the headmistress in the center of the room.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight." The professor says with growing passion in her voice.

I see Ron lean over to Sheamus in front of me.

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen but I don't think its a swan." He quipped and they both laughed. I shook my head.

I really outta just punch him and make his brain move around a little, maybe it'll work better than.

"Every boy, a lordly lion, prepared to prance." She continues a serious tone taking over her voice as she makes eye contact with a giggling Ron.

Ooh this is going to be great

I feel a smile break out on my face as she walks towards the red haired boy.

"Mr. Weasly." The professor called out.

"Yes?" He responded with a sad, slightly scared look on his face.

"Will you join me, please?" She asks him while grabbing his arm. Harry pushes him from behind.

The youngest red haired boy makes his way to the middle of the room.

"Now...place your right hand on my waist." She states clearly.

"Where?" Ron questions looking around the room in confusion.

"My waist." she repeats.

A wolf whistle echoes around the room coming from behind me as the professor places his hand on her waist. "Extend your arm." She instructs.

Karma at its finest

The music starts and a slow waltz begins to play. The headmistress starts to count by threes as the start to move around the room in a slow dance.

"Oi!" Harry hails the twins. "Never going to forget this are you?" she questioned them.

"Never." The both say at the same time ad the smile is still plastered on my face.

"Everybody come together!" The professor yells and all the girls stand up quickly. None of the boys move. "Boys on your feet!" She called.

Still no one moved, until Neville stood up.

Good for him, finally showing that bravery

After that one by one the boys began to stand up and pick a girl to partner with. My butt stayed firmly on my seat.

The brunette made her way towards me quickly, she stopped in front of me and stared expectantly.

"What?" I question.

"You know what." Her attitude was sharp off her tongue.

I like that attitude, she looks cute when she is trying to be serious.

"I do not." I sat up straight, not breaking eye contact.

"Don't be an ass and dance with me." The attitude was gone.

"I don't dance." I stated plainly and leaned back in the chair.

"Please." Her eyes went soft and pleading.

I should go with her. I shouldn't want her to dance with someone else. I don't. But I can't do this. I won't do this. I won't be soft in front of all these people. It's too dangerous. I'll look weak.

"You heard her....no baboons." My expression did not break. The look of hurt spread quickly across her face.

I don't want to watch this

"Dance with Harry, he'll need to practice....being a champion and all." I drew as I stood up and began to walk towards the door.

The chances of me going to the dance are slim anyways.