" I can do that."

*TW - Mentions of nail/skin picking*

Y/N POV

"You have to go, we are representing the school." She said trying to pull me out of the common room chair.

"Okay but what if I like, don't care?" I stated with a matter of fact look on my face.

She glares at me still holding on to my arm,

"Ughhhhhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhhh fine." I said letting her pull me with her out into the large stairwell.

***

We find a seat with Ron and Harry and wait for Dumbledore to start, you guessed it, another speech! I started picking at my nails on the table.

I could really use a cigarette right now.

A hand places itself on mine, stopping me from picking my nails until they bleed. I turn to look her in the face and she gives me a small smile turning back to Dumbledore who had apparently started talking at some point. She didn't take her hand away. It was warm. Comforting, even if it was there in a friendly way.

The doors banging open captured my attention quickly. A large group of girls dressed in all blue came walking - no. not walking....gliding? They came in gliding to the front of the Great Hall. Every boy there was staring like they had never seen a girl before.

What the fuck was going on.

I turned to Hermione to ask but she was looking around giving a disgusted look at all the boys ogling. I laughed and she looked at me.

"What!?" She snapped at me.

"Pump the hate brakes Granger danger, I was just going to ask what the hell is going on!" I said with a chuckle.

She smiles a little, rolling her eyes at me "if you had been paying attention, you would know."

"Right because my #1 character trait is being attentive." I said nodding at her.

"Blimey, that's one big.." I hear Seamus starry to say to Ron.

"That's was she said" I cut him of from across the table and both boys break into quiet laughter. I then feel a hand connect to the back of my head. "OW!" I say to her face.

Shaking her head she pushes my cheek turning my head back towards the front of the room. "Listen." She says as all the boys start clapping.

" AND NOW OUR FRIENDS FROM THE NORTH, PLEASE GREET THE PROUD SONS OF DURMSTRANG...AND THERE HIGH MASTER, IGOR KARKAROFF!" Dumbledore yells.

Just then the great hall door burst open again but this time with a group full of boys wearing way too much clothing for being inside and they looked like they made them from roadkill.

Why the hell do they have giant sticks?

Just as that thought enters my head they break into some weird dance where there are flips and stick spinning.

I think it's supposed to be impressive, or intimidating, or both? I don't know, but it was a lot.

I lean over and whisper in Hermione's ear " I can do that.." she giggled and whispered back "shut up you'd break half your bones."

"I'm offended you think I'm that incapable."

"That sounds like a YOU problem." She looked at me with attitude.

"Careful Granger, you don't want me to get mean."

"Please." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

We both look back to the front as Dumbledore and Karkaroff hug like old friends.

"HOGWARTS, LETS ENTERTAIN OUR FRIENDS IN THE BEST WAY WE CAN. ALL STAND!" Dumbledore yell towards the tables.