Day 2 part 1

I head to the changing room, which is located at the very back corner of the store. I open the door, which is silver in color with the sign 'changing room' pasted on it. After entering the changing room, I head to my locker and open it to take out my work clothes, which I put on. Then, I leave the changing room and proceed further back into the store where the cleaning materials are located.

The cleaning materials are all on the shelf, including gloves, soap, sponge, microfiber cloths, rags, a bucket, a mop, sprays, and a whole bunch of other materials.

I am planning on cleaning the store windows, so I grab the materials needed: gloves, squeegee, bucket, and microfiber cloths. Then, I take them outside and fill the bucket with water. After filling the bucket, I carry the ladder outside and set it in front of the huge windows. Putting on my gloves, I begin washing the windows using the squeegee with an extension pole.

Although the store is not very big, it still takes me a while to scrub all the windows. As it is hot outside, I dip my head in the bucket of water for a bit.

While am working, a van drives in the parking lot, then parks.

Two men come out of the van.

Gramps: "Early today, huh, Zane?"

Zane: "Yes, sir. Good morning."

Gramps: "Morning, my boy. How's everything going?"

I head down the ladder and go to shake his hand.

Zane: "Everything is going well, for now at least."

Gramps: "Gabe and your mother?"

Zane: "He's out with some friends right now, and she's doing better than yesterday."

Gramps: "I haven't called her. I plan to later today. You can take some fresh fruits from the van, cut them up, and store them, so when you visit her this week, you can gift her those fruits."

Zane: "Thanks a lot, Gramps. I will do just that."

Gramps: "Help William out with setting up the front shop."

Zane: "Yes sir"

I head to help out William.

William: "Hey, Zane. Surprised you're here early today."

Zane: "Yeah, I won't be staying late like I usually would. I got some duties I got to attend to, so I came early today."

William: "G7?"

Zane: "Yeah."

*Williams sighs*

William: "Be careful."

Zane: "You know me. There is a reason I have survived for 2 years and counting."

William: "Even still, be careful."

Zane: "I will, don't worry too much. Let's set up the shop."

Cheryl brings out the merchandising display and sets it up on the right side of the store. We put the fruits on the table of the merchandising display, such as watermelons, carrots, onions, and other fruits and vegetables. On the left side, we set up candy, chocolate, gum, and other sweet snacks people enjoy during their leisure time.

After unloading the remaining items from the truck and storing them in the store's storage, I return to cleaning the windows, and it takes a while. Once I finished cleaning, I move on to my second task, which involves driving with William to specific locations to drop off some of the items Gramps purchased. However, the sound of a barking dog, once we arrive at the third location, stops me in my tracks.