Enter Zane.

September, 14th 2015

"I never thought things would turn out this way. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him, but I let myself be swayed by his words and actions like a leaf caught in a gentle breeze. Now here I am in a colosseum-like building. The bodies lay on the sand, and the sound of clapping hands, laughs, and cheers fills me with nothing but dread and despair. The harsh reality of the situation has hit me like a tidal wave, and I'm left to grapple with the consequences of my misplaced trust. As I stand in the stadium, surrounded by the aftermath of a betrayal, a mixture of anger, grief, and regret churns within me. The blood on my hands fills me with disgust. I look up at the dark grey sky a water droplet into my eye followed by a barrage of water droplets, I look at my hands and find the blood washing away into the wet sand, seems the world is trying to cleanse my soul of the sins that have been committed here. The sound of the gate opening somehow snaps me back into actual reality. Everything goes quiet, ¨That was fantastic, boy I do love a good show¨, a man in a black suit says, while he walks up to me. ¨ say on a scale of 1 to 10, mind telling me how painful it musta been?¨, I stay quiet, ¨ I will take that as a ten-plus. To be honest I was expecting this guy to win, he seemed the most willing, but at the end of the day you won, so I won't discourage your efforts.¨, he says chuckling a bit. ¨I am sorry it ended up this way, I thought of everything humanely possible to try to achieve a less gruel end, but this was all I could think of. Apologies once again.......Once again, we have a new member, a rival to everyone in this building but nonetheless a brother to each and every single one of us. You will treat him as a rival as well as a brother, spread the word to the others¨. The sound of clapping erupts and disappears just as fast.¨ That will be all, you are all dismissed and clean this shit up¨. He comes over to me,¨You completed the task and gained admission, I would like to welcome you into the soon-to-be greatest organization the world has ever seen. We are called The Black Suits¨ I look up, his hands stretched toward me like a sinister invitation. The rain continues to pour down, mixing with the blood and turning the sand into a muddy mess. The man's words hang heavy in the air, a strange mixture of congratulations and warning. The other members of this organization, the Black Suits, begin to disperse, leaving me standing there, still trying to process the surreal turn of events that has led me to this moment. ¨ Ah, I see. Of course, my apologies. You're still too shocked¨. The man's smile widens, revealing a glint of something darker beneath the surface. He circles me. ¨ Your victory here, your survival, it all speaks to the strength you possess. We... are your family now, your brothers and sisters bound by a common purpose," the man continues, his tone almost hypnotic. "You'll find power here, respect, and opportunities beyond your wildest dreams. But remember, as with any family, loyalty is paramount. Betrayal will be met with consequences you cannot even fathom." He stretches forth his hand towards me once again; I can't find the strength to take it. "Well, I tried," smack!! A hit to the left side of my neck crumbles me. I start to lose consciousness. I don't know when, where, or how, but all I know is that one day... I'm going to kill this man.

*Blackout*

April 15th 2010, 10:00a.m:

*Riing!*, *Riing!!*

*Ringing stops. The call is picked up.*

"Hello. This is the MCcollin residence. How may I help you?"

I woke up to the sound of my mother's shriek in the morning. I tell you it's not a very pleasant memory to remember.

I head downstairs, but not before checking up on my lil bro, and, perfect, he's asleep.

Downstairs, my mom is still on the phone, except she is on her knees, and I hear little cries coming from her.

"Mom! What's wrong??"

She looks at me with red eyes. The kind you get when you're crying heavily.

"Come here," she says.