48 - Heart to Heart

Ivy's POV

"We have to announce it officially now. There's no getting around this, Nate." I say matter of factly, and he sighs loudly as he puts a shirt on.

We managed to get back into the packhouse with Kiba's large body blocking me from any further pictures and the like, but the damage is probably already done. I stand there with my hands on my hips alongside Tobias, Nate, Evie, and Kane in the main foyer.

"We don't even know if anyone got an actual picture." Nate says sheepishly and I scoff, slightly annoyed.

"Someone revealed it was me, Nate. Picture or not, they know my name and it's only going to put a face to it at this point. Every single person that saw me at the mating ball, at any performances are going to know it's me." I look at him and I can see the worry on his face, and I know he's panicking inside.

I walk over to him and place my hands on either side of his face to try and calm him down.

"I know you're worried about me. You always have been. I'm not alone anymore though. There's an entire room here, our entire pack and majority of the werewolf race that will protect me and my integrity as your mate and their queen. It doesn't have to all be on your shoulders."

"Ivy.." He says sternly but then trails off as he knows I'm right.

"We will just have to be diligent. I know there's going to be a target on my back. I know Cole is going to try something, he's too stubborn not to. But this time? I've got everyone behind me."

Nate engulfs me in a tight hug before releasing me. I turn to face everyone and half smile.

"I guess we're planning a ceremony or something?" I see Tobias nod before he goes to speak.

"We will hold something yes. Where people can come and visit you both in an official capacity and give their well wishes. Nate and his parents will have to put out an official announcement of your mating."

"Which means we're going to have to get dressed up." Nate states with an annoyed tone and I laugh.

"What don't you like getting dressed up? You always look great."

"I never feel great." He states before he chuckles lightly. "I'll talk to my parents and get the official word out by the end of the week. That will give us some time to plan."

'I'm sure Cole will make an appearance." Evie says quietly and I look at her.

"Let him come. I'm ready this time."

Nathaniel's POV

Sitting in my office, I sigh loudly. Ivy went with Genevieve to go shopping for a gown with Tobias and a few of my guards in tow while Kane and I set up some training drills for when she gets back.

I hate this whole idea. I'm worried as hell for Ivy, but I know I've got to back off. She's right. She's stronger than she was before, she's got more support and love here from everyone around her. My selfishness in wanting to keep this secret has played a major part in this and has backfired in my face.

I have to accept that.

If anything happens to her......

I'm pulled away from my thoughts as my phone rings. I pick it up and answer.

"Nathaniel, my son."

Mother.

"Hi, mother. Did you get my message?"

"Yes. So, we need to do an official announcement regarding you and Ivy?"

"Yes. Her identity has been leaked and I'm concerned for her safety."