35 - River of Fire

Ivy's POV

I pace around my room, trying to pick an outfit for the show tonight. I've got three options pulled out; black ripped leggings with a long black sleeved fishnet top over a white tank top, my red baby doll dress with fishnet stockings, or acid washed jean capris with a black corset.

I pace, looking over each option and ultimately decide on the red dress and stockings. I kept my set for tonight chill, so I won't be moving around too much. Plus, I know Nate would like it.

I can't kid myself; I'm dressing up for him.

I get changed, making sure to put my favourite perfume on and sit down to do my makeup. I decide to do heavier winged liner, mascara, a nude lip, and a little bit of pink blush. I tidy up my brows and fill them it slightly and add some highlighter to my cheekbones.

I style my hair, pulling it back into a half pony with some pieces out to frame my face.

I stand and take another once over when I hear a whistle. I turn around and see Evie in my doorway, all dolled up herself in black leggings with a very low-cut silk top.

"Looking good as always. You ready to see your Alpha?" She says excitedly and I nod.

"I can't wait to see how you are together now that you've been physical. I'm interested that's for sure. I know it sounds creepy, but I just want to make sure you're good. You know?" I smile at her.

"I know, and I appreciate it. Nate treats me like a queen. You'll see."

"Let's go then! Don't want to be late!" I grab my purse, my set-list and head out with Evie, Kane in tow in his dressier clothes.

- - -

I walk into the familiar bar, thankful to be back in the atmosphere of Iron Wolf and I spot Kai near the downstairs bar as I walk further in with Kane and Genevieve. The background noise of everyone talking with music playing is a beautiful sound to my ears.

"Thank you so much for doing a set tonight. You're a lifesaver." Kai says as he hugs me, and we pull away and I smile. "Of course, anything for you. You know that." Kai goes to speak again but he stops just as he starts. I hear some of the chatter tone down, and my back prickles in response and immediately I know Nathaniel has arrived and he's behind me.

I turn and I'm met with those stunning blue eyes and a smirk, and I can't help but blush. He walks closer to me, stopping about half an arm's length away. I see Tobias not too far behind and he smiles at me briefly before I bring my attention back to Alpha in front of me. He's in an all-black ensemble as usual, looking mouth-watering. His black hair is styled slightly, messy but controlled.

"Hello again songbird." He says and my heart flutters hearing his voice again and I smile. "Hi, Alpha." I peek around him and wave to Tobias. "Nice to see you again, Beta Tobias." I say and he nods. "Likewise, Ivy."

"Would you like your usual booth upstairs Alpha Nathaniel?" Kai asks and Nathaniel nods. "That would be great Kai. Thank you."

Kai takes his leave and Nate turns his attention to Kane and Genevieve. "Nice to see you both again, hope you are well?" Genevieve pipes in. "We're great, Alpha. Better more so that Ivy is back. We missed her."

"I do apologize for taking her from you for so long, but it was time well spent. Wouldn't you say so Ivy?" Nate half smirks and the blood rushes to my cheeks when I get what he's implying. What's worse off is that Kane and Genevieve know exactly what he's talking about!

Good lord.

I stammer a little in embarrassment. "Uh... y..yeah. You can say that." Nate chuckles at my awkwardness but reaches out to grab my hand slightly. "Can I talk to you upstairs for a moment? If you've got time?" I nod. "My set isn't for a bit yet so sure." We walk away from everyone else, heading upstairs and over to where I spoke to and met him for the very first time, and we sit in the booth.