42 - Bonded in Silver

Ivy's POV

I still can't believe it.

I'm Nathaniel's mate.

I'm still getting used to seeing all the pack members bow and address me. They've been doing it over the past few weeks and honestly, it continues to baffle and wonder me. I'm mated to not just a royal, but the future king of our race.

Nathaniel has completely gone back to the endearing, loving and sexy man that I'm used to, and thank God because now that I know we're mates, I can't keep my hands off him. We've been spending every waking moment together between his work and he's been showing me around the packlands and allowing me to help him with his pack work in a more official capacity considering it's now my pack too.

We've briefly discussed making a trip out to the witches' coven to see about getting my cuffs removed and accept our mate bonds once they're off, which I am extremely excited for. These cuffs have been the biggest burden and hurdle for me in terms of coming back into myself and the woman I know I can be.

I'm currently sitting in Nathaniel's office, going through some paperwork of his when he enters the room. I look up at him and he smiles at me.

"I have a surprise for you, songbird. Someone is here to see you."

I tilt my head in confusion, not quite understanding who may be here to see me, but I stand anyways and follow him out to the front foyer of the packhouse. Nate grasps my hand tightly as we approach the front door and I see Evie and Kane standing at attention. I look to their faces to get some sort of hint as to what is happening, but I get no such flicker of knowing in their eyes.

I look at see a tall black hooded figure standing in the middle of the foyer, with three white robed figures around them. The figure turns and I inhale sharply as I'm met with lavender purple eyes under thick lashes.

"So, this is her. Beauty of a mate, Alpha King." Her voice is melodic, smooth. I glance at her in wonder, her sculpted features accentuating her tan skin. She lowers her hood and long blond hair flows out in waves underneath it. She approaches me and reaches her hand out, grasping mine lightly.

I'm confused and fearful. Why is everyone else so calm?

"No need to fear me, Luna Queen. My name is Althea. I am one of the witch coven leaders. Specifically, the largest coven located close to Alpha Nate's packlands, called Rayndelle."

My eyes widen in realization. "Witch coven? As in who can remove my cuffs?" She nods and smiles widely. "One and the same."

"I thought that we were going to plan a trip?" I look to Nate, and he shrugs. "We were, but I told Althea about you and your situation, and she decided to come here instead."

"Can you really take them off?" I ask, the nervousness in my voice highly apparent. She squeezes my hand and proceeds to pull both of my hands up to inspect the cuffs that adorn them. "I'm confident, but what worries me is how long they've been on. The silver doesn't affect you anymore, correct?"

I nod my head. "They burned me for the first year. After that only minor discomfort, but in the past year they haven't hurt at all. It's as if my skin is numb."

"That's what I thought. Seems like I may have my work cut out for me, but I'm happy to assist. My associates and I will get settled, and then we will get started on the process to remove them. You have a large area in which I can cast if needed Alpha King?" She questions Nate and he nods.

"Anything you need, Althea. Thank you."

"My pleasure. See you both soon." She says and turns to walk away with Tobias leading the way into the guest wing.