Chapter 3: Confrontation

Chapter 2: Rude Awaking

The morning sun shone brightly upon Beamfleot, casting an orange glow over the forest. The scent of fresh morning dew filled the air, awakening Liv with a smile as she lay snuggled up to Kanut's chest. The musky scent of her lover still lingered on her, and she inhaled deeply, taking in his scent.

Kanut stirred from his slumber, his eyes still closed as he rubbed his hand on Liv's bare back. "Morning, kitten," he said, his voice tired. He cuddled her back, cherishing the feel of her body on top of his.

The couple lay together, enjoying each other's company. Liv caressed Kanut's chest, her eyes softly resting as she basked in the moment. She asked him sweetly, "What were you dreaming about?"

Kanut smiled, "That will be a surprise for you. But I hope we can start this day in peace," he said in a quiet voice.

Liv lifted her hand to her hair, her fingers finding the loose strands before she whispered, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, much better," Kanut says, as he lightly kisses the top of her head. slowly he opens his eyes, still feeling a bit tired from all the fun that they had last night. "May I kiss you love?" He asks, moving his head forward.

"Hmmm...yes," Liv whispered back, not wanting him to leave her embrace.

Kanut kissed Liv deeply and caressed her body, eliciting soft moans from her lips. He trailed kisses down her neck, sending shivers of delight through Liv's body.

As his hand moved to her thighs, gently caressing and exploring her skin, Liv's excitement grew, and she responded by running her fingers over his bare chest.

Liv's breathing became heavier as Kanut's hands roamed over her body. She moaned softly as he continued to kiss her neck, sending shivers down her spine. The sound of their bodies moving together filled the air, as they both lost themselves in the moment.

"That feels so nice." Liv moaned. Her eyes closed in delight.

"So soft," Kanut whispers, as he kisses down her neck. Liv closes her eyes as his fingers brushed against her sensitive flesh. His hands trail up her body, feeling the smoothness of her skin. His fingers trailed down Liv gasped in pleasure as his fingers grazed across her nipples, making her back, pushing her tits into his hands. He teased her with gentle bites and flicks of his tongue, sending electric waves of pleasure through her body.

"You taste so sweet kitten," Kanut says, as he continues to play with her breasts.

Suddenly, a sound outside the tent made them stop at what they were doing. Kanut turned to Liv and said, "It's ok, Liv. I'll handle it."

He got up from the bed and approached the entrance, asking, "Speak?"

"My apologies, I didn't mean to wake you," a familiar voice replied.

Kanut recognized it as Loki's and replied, "It's fine, what's the matter?"

"I have received a letter from Guthrum regarding his campaign in Wessex. He wants you to know that he is seeking aid after being forced to retreat," Loki said, as Kanut raised an eyebrow.

"Thought he would have handle it by now?" Kanut muttered as he grabbed his pants.

"Turns out Alfred's army proved much tougher than he thought. He needed reinforcements, and so he came here," Loki explained as Kanut tied up his pants.

"So you're telling me he has retreated?" Kanut asked, as Loki nodded.

"Yes, but...he wants you and Liv to report to him as soon as possible. Best to let Liv know, I know she can be busy a lot," Loki said, unaware of Liv's presence in Kanut's bed.