living a very exciting life

Merry's POV

standing in the middle of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in my hand, I silently prayed for it to give me strength.

I took another sip then placed it on the counter and leaned on to it, elbows on the counter, hands on my face I let out a groan.

I needed a minute.

After a couple of seconds I quickly picked myself up.

"Incoming call: user.dan345678"

"Hello?...merry?, it's me Dan."

"Hi dan," I automatically greeted with a cherry voice. "i know its you, how could i ever forget your deep voice, how can I help you today?"

"Remember Sarah..."

"Ofcourse i remember Sarah, how'd she like the ring? did she end up saying yes?" I asked with a smile, though whether the smile was genuine or not was left up for question.

"She broke up with me while I was on One. Fucking. Knee."

"Oh boy." I exhaled.

I could hear Dan's bitter chuckle from the other line. "Yeah, can you believe that woman?"

I shook my head no even though he couldn't see, braising myself for the following speech I was about to sit through.

"I did everything for her, I gave her my time, attention, support for all her stupid..." I could hear shuffling. "...art exhibitions, she can't even paint by the way and I gave her my fucking money!"

"Dan are you smoking right now?"

He paused for a second. "Yeah, how else am I supposed to relieve myself. Anyway..."

After his half an hour long rant, one question lingered in my mind.

"Dan I'm curious, did she tell you why she couldn't marry you?"

"Oh, she found out that i was married and had kids..."

I sighed. "Dan..."

"In my defense, I was going to tell her."

"So then do you blame her?"

"She didn't have to fucking exit like that, I'm her freaking life support, what's she going to do without me!"

I peered over at the corner of my laptop and noticed the usual 60 minute timer was almost up.

"Well, our time is almost up Dan, we can continue  this tomorrow if you'd like?"

We said our goodbyes and the call ended, I waited for another call.
I had gotten used to calls like this. It's always the usual, weirdos and douchebags looking for sympathy.

My eyes wandered towards the window next to me. My bedroom window is pretty big, so i have a wide view of the sky and other skyscrapers next to our building since I live on the 18th floor.

The sun will set soon.

A loud ding pulled me from my thoughts.

"KittenFrank347 is calling..."

"Hi hello?" A shaky voice called out.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" I leaned back into my chair.

"I'm not really uh...familiar with this app but a friend suggested it, ...they said I could talk about anything..."

"They were right, feel free to talk about anything and everything and I'll give you my honest and unbiased opinion."

"...ok."

"Each call is 60 minutes long so if you'd like to extend, know that it'll cost you an additional amount. So...what would you like to talk about?"

"And it's all confidential right..."

"Yes, kittenfrank347, it's all anonymous, all confidential."

"...last week, I saw my sister naked..."

I leaned in as i listened closely, wondering where this was going to go.

"...and I haven't been the same since, I've been fantising about her..." my eyebrows raised in shock. " ...and I'm too scared to tell anyone..."

"KittenFrank347, I think this one should've gone with you to your grave." I said readjusting my position so my left leg was on top of my right.

"Are you...trying to tell me to kill myself?"

"I mean, that's an option."

"..."

"But I wouldn't want that on my conscience."

__

As soon as I entered the relatively small coffee shop the little door bells chimed.

A head of me at the counter, a young lady. Before I could say anything she lifted her hand with a knowing smile and started making what looked like a medium fruity Boba drink.

"Here's your usual," She handed me the drink, i took it. "I gave it a little extra something for your always busy schedule."

I cocked my head to the side, eyes lowered towards my "usual" drink.

"But I've never been here before..." I mumbled. 

"Pardon?"

"Thank you," I smiled. "This was just what I needed." I pulled out from my pocket, what I'd assume would be more than enough for the drink. "Keep the change."

I walked away.

After a couple of minutes of strolling the city, I ended up at a nearby park. More and more people had started to disappear into their homes and the only ones that were out were the chain smokers.

I took a seat near them, but not close enough to hear a single word of their conversations, I like the smell of tobacco for some reason, I hate smoking however.

My face scrunched in distaste after taking a sip of my fruity drink.

"I just wanted a latte." I breathed.

"There's nothing wrong with trying something different once in a while."

I felt my body relax after hearing the familiar honey soft voice.

"You should take your own advice, you're always wearing that same blue sweater you got on Christmas."

"It's actually turquoise, and its still clean." 

"Ofcourse only you'd care about that sort of thing, Skye."

"So tell me, how was your day?"

I took a sharp inhale and exhale. "Where do I start..."

|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|

A/n : So...second chapter we've made it. (ー_ー;)

Um, new and valuable character to be introduced next chapter.

...finishing a chapter feels like taking a shit. It feels good getting rid of...like, toxins from your body.
Anyway look forward to the next chapter please ~