XLI

"Come on, let's go!" Max impatiently beeps his horn as Brad and I hurriedly escape out the hotel that the rest of the team have been staying in. "How long does it take?"

"Don't blame me, blame the cameraman!" I tell Max as we leap in the back of Max's car, causing Lando to laugh in the passenger seat.

"Oh yeah, because it took me so long to put on a white t-shirt and a pair of shorts!" Brad glares at me as he gets in the other side, firmly shutting the door behind him. "Marci lost her lip gloss, so we had to search the entire apartment for it."

I can guarantee you that every driver, crew member and whoever else is involved in F1 is getting ready to go out tonight. We're probably all going to the same place as well! A night out before the big summer break always happens, and not going means you miss out on a hell of a lot! Everyone is dressed to their best, ready to party with their friends and completely forget about the competition dividing them. There's no rivalry, there's no hatred, we're all just normal people together in a pub, club, bar, wherever! We all deserve this night out, from the drivers to the people behind the scenes, not one single person shouldn't be left out of this!

"Right, ready to go?"

"Wait!"

Me and Brad frown at each other, wondering why someone is shouting to our car when we're all here. I look out my window towards the hotel, and my jaw drops. "No. Way."

Lo and behold my boss?! Only flipping Ally Doherty comes strutting out the hotel doors, her hair flowing in the wind and a proud smirk glowing on her face. I never knew Ally was one for a party, as she's never joined us on any of the other occasions. Not only that, but she has the ability to look hot? She pulls open my passenger door, looking at me as I'm totally speechless.

"Well, are you moving over or what?"

Oh my good God. "Yeah, yeah, hold on."

My hands clumsily fumble to unclip my seatbelt, and I shift over into the middle as Ally takes my seat. Her Tom Ford Soleil Brûlant perfume lurks in the air, like putting a new air freshener in the car. I glance over to Brad, who reflects my exact expression. I hold back a smirk, then look over to Lando; Lando's craning his neck to glance at Ally whilst she isn't looking, widens his eyes as he looks my way, then sits normally in his seat. So, we're all shocked! That's good news!

"What are you looking so surprised for?" Ally asks once she notices me and Brad staring. "What, you don't think a 28 year old can party?"

"You're 28?!" Max stops the car as he pulls off, giving all of us whiplash.

"Yeah, why?" Ally frowns, readjusting her seatbelt.

"No reason." Max shakes his head, looking at her in the rearview mirror. "I'm Max, by the way."

No way is he pretending to flirt with my boss, no way!

The Party

"Get it down your neck mate!"

That was- single handedly- the most fucking disgusting shot I have ever done in my life!

"What the fuck was that?" I gasp for air, but the aftertaste infects my tongue.

"Black Death!" Brad gives me a cheerful thumbs up, like a child that's proud of himself for getting in trouble. "Vodka mixed with soy sauce!"

"Was a normal shot not enough?" I snarl, carelessly putting the shot glass back down on the side.

That was the worst experience of my life; yes, before you ask, it was worse than getting sacked! I take a look around our small group, the people who were given the shots pulling the same wretched face as I am. Daniel and Brad were the only people to not have one, and they laugh at us like evil twins as our insides light on fire.