XVIII

The rest of the week flew by, unfortunately. On the bright side, we managed to unpack all of the boxes in Lando's apartment and get rid of them! But time definitely went far too quickly. After Ally's phone call and Max's appearance, no one disturbed us. Having time just to ourselves was lush, like we were completely detached from reality and the world around us. I could've gotten used to it, but I'm also dead excited to get back to work as a presenter!

All we have left to do in Monte Carlo now is Charles' party. I was ready and on time about 10 minutes ago, but then I saw what Lando was wearing and now I'm running late! He was wearing a pair of swim shorts and one of those button up tops, but unbuttoned? It looked like he was going to the beach rather than a party, but if that's the dress code then I'm not standing out?

 I was ready and on time about 10 minutes ago, but then I saw what Lando was wearing and now I'm running late! He was wearing a pair of swim shorts and one of those button up tops, but unbuttoned? It looked like he was going to the beach rather th...

*Marci's outfit*

"Right, I'm ready, again." I sigh, grabbing my converse as I don't have any other nice shoes with me. "Sorry about that."

"We don't have to be there for a specific time anyway, don't-"

Lando pauses mid sentence, causing me to look up at him whilst I'm tying my laces. "Don't..?"

Lando stands by the door, his keys in his hand whilst he looks at me. I try to get him to finish his sentence, but he doesn't say a word until I stand up, brushing down my t-shirt that's slightly creased already. I brush some hair out of my face, looking him up and down. "What?"

"Nothing." He shakes his head with a smile. "You look good, as always."

"Oh, stop it." I try to refrain the blush from growing on my face. "Come on, let's go."

"Wait-"

Lando catches my waist as I go to the door, stopping me in my tracks. Again, I can't see his eyes behind his glasses, but I think I can tell what he'd like. Or, what we'd both like. I giggle a little, feeling my face burn pinker than my bikini. We simultaneously lean in for a kiss, relaxing in each other's grasp. Since Max basically outed both of our feelings towards each other, we've been far more open and easygoing when it comes to being affectionate. We're acting like a normal couple, but we aren't. Does that makes sense?

"Come on, let's go." I break the kiss as his hands travel to my lower back.

"Fine." He grins, reluctantly letting me go.

I followed Lando out of the apartment, surprised when we started walking rather than driving or getting a taxi. The streets were starting to get quieter, but more people were starting to go out. Lando took me down to the docks, the one place we haven't been to yet. All of the boats were lit up, either with a couple / family relaxing or groups of people having a party.

But, further down the docks was a yacht that was noticeably bigger and more luxurious than the rest. Music and life radiated from it, and it was packed with people having the time of their life. It was on the end of the dock, so not a single boat was on either side of it. I gasp as I see people jumping off like it's nothing, cascading under the dark water.