Julie: Good Cop, Bad Cop/Just the Highlights (46)

Science camp was both a horrible but wonderful experience. It was wonderful because the camp was beautiful, the woods are kind of like that, and I was there with my friends and we spent all our downtime in the (slightly moldy smelling) office, eating junk food and were forced the get along because none of us had our phones. Oh and the naturalist we had was hot.

The downside? The kids. Not all of them but most of them. All but maybe two of my cabin were complete monsters. Luckily for everyone else, it was decided that I had the worst cabin. I like to believe that I could have whipped them into shape, or at least calmed them down some, but the world will never know because of my co-cabin leader, my friend, Marie.

Marie was a good friend and did not wrong me in any way. But she was one of those perpetually happy people and was nice to the point of being a pushover. I, although sometimes a pushover, was not nice. I could be friendly, I could be kind, I could be understanding, but I wasn't nice.

So our cabin turned into an endless game of "good cop, bad cop." I, of course, as the mean one, was the bad cop. It was exhausting and endlessly frustrating. So when it was finally over, I was so relieved. Sad but relieved. I suddenly understood how my parents felt like all the time.

 I suddenly understood how my parents felt like all the time

"You look relieved."

"Really?"

"Little bit."

"I'll be more relieved when we're actually home."

"They were that bad?"

"They were monsters."

"They couldn't have been that bad."

"You underestimate them."

"Possibly."

"God, I'm exhausted."

"We all are, you're not original."

"Jeez, dude. Thanks."

"No problem."

"Maybe I can just nap the whole way home."

"Maybe."

"Let me just sit back..."

"What are you doing?"

"Getting comfortable."

"On my shoulder?"

"Maybe."

"You just forgetting the whole boundaries thing we had in place before?"

"Just until we get home."

"Okay then. You better be pretty comfortable then."

"Believe me, I am."

"Lovely."

"Have you been working out?"

"Jesus."