Eli: Nerves/Just the Highlights (72)

For the senior prom, I decided to play it (sort of) safe and ask out a theater girl named Ella. She was Belle in the school's production of Beauty and the Beast and super pretty. I got up the courage to ask her after the second to last show in front of everyone. Boy was that a bad idea. I mean, she said yes, but it had me so nervous I almost didn't ask her since I thought I was just going to puke instead.

I spent the entire show sitting in the front row, watching the show but not exactly understanding what was going on. I knew the storyline but it didn't matter to me. I just needed the stupid thing to be over so I could ask her and get it over with.

Jules, of course, could tell that I was nervous. She was running lights up in the tech booth but had a good view of where I was sitting. She did her best to calm me down and then sent me on my way. She said it would go well and it did. I should've just listened to her, then and other times as well, it would have been easier.

 I should've just listened to her, then and other times as well, it would have been easier

8:24PM: You're nervous.

8:26PM: No Im not.

8:27PM: Liar, I can see you from here.

8:29PM: Aren't u supposed to be running lights or something? This show won't run itself.

8:31PM: Which is exactly why im not running it. Beauty and the Beast is 2 much work. Besides, it's intermission.

8:34PM: Whatever. And I'm not. I'm cool as a cucumber.

8:36PM: Why do you insist on lying to me?

8:37PM: Fine. I'm a little nervous.

8:39PM: If u were anyone else I'd say it was adorable but since it's u I won't.

8:41PM: Thanks lol.

8:42PM: U scared she's like Jaclyn?

8:44PM: Of course not.

8:45PM: ?

8:56PM: I hadn't thought of it...

8:57PM: I'm sure it'll be fine. Now leave me alone, intermission is ending.

10:28PM: That actually went really well, dude. Good job.

10:31PM: Thanks. She isn't like Jaclyn, right?

10:32PM: Nah

10:34PM: That's not very convincing.

10:37PM: It's not my job to be convincing.

10:39PM: Then why don't you just tell me the truth?

10:40PM: It's not my job to be honest either.