↬ 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

⋆﹥───── ❝ 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 ❞ ─────﹤⋆

𝑳𝒚𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

I handed Seonghwa the mittens that were sitting on the counter next to the stove so he could grab the pan out of the oven. We had been in the kitchen for the last hour and a half or so, cooking dinner and just talking about random things.
"Will your brownie take very long?"
Grabbing the empty box, I flipped it around, rereading the time on the back, "Maybe fifteen minutes, depending on how soft I want them."
Seonghwa chuckled before turning back to the stove to finish making dinner while I finished mixing the brownie batter. Once I was sure that everything was combined, I grabbed the glass pan that was sitting next to me. Pouring the batter in it, I made sure not to get any on the counter.
Looking around me, I noticed that I had forgotten the spatula, cursing silently. Turning my head, I glanced at Seonghwa.
"Hey, can you hand me the spatula? I forgot to grab it." I asked with a sheepish smile.
Seonghwa looked up from his phone, meeting my eyes with a playful smile. Stuffing his phone back into his pocket, he grabbed the cooking utensil, handing it to me.
"You seem like the type to lose their head if it wasn't attracted to their neck."
My mouth fell agape as I stared at him in shock. I knew he wasn't wrong, but damn. However, the laugh that left that man's lips sounded like sweet music. My gaze softened as I watched him. Noticing my stare, he smiled, asking a small 'what?' just as his head tilted.
"Your laugh is cute."
His face and ears started turning red at the sudden compliment, causing me to giggle. Seonghwa rubbed the back of his neck while trying to hide his face from view. Looking back down at the brownie batter, I got a sudden idea. Taking some of the leftover batter onto my finger, I walked over to the pink-haired male. He didn't even notice me standing in front of him until I smeared the batter across his cheek.
Seonghwa's eyes went wide as he looked down at me, and I just looked right back at him with a huge smile. His eyes then traveled down to my hand, where a little bit of batter was sitting.
"Did you really just..."
I giggled before shaking my head, "who me? I would never do something like that."
A smile broke out on his lips, and the next thing I knew, he lunged at me. With quick reflexes, I managed to evade his hands with a laugh. Now standing on opposite sides, Seonghwa watched me with a playful smile.
"You just lost your only escape~"
My eyes then shifted to the doorway that was behind him. He was right; I had just moved myself to the other end of the room. A nervous chuckle left my lips as I moved around the island that sat in the middle of the room. Seonghwa's eyes never leaving my figure.
Making it seem like I was about to run around one end of the counter, Seonghwa moved to block me. However, I just backstepped and ran around the other side.
I wasn't quick enough, though, because Seonghwa caught me in his arms just before I got to the door. A squeal erupted from my lungs as he smeared batter all over the side of my face.
"No!"
"You did it to yourself, sweets."
He chuckled as his arms wrapped further around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. Another laugh fell past my lips as I relaxed a little, only to have my heart start hammering as soon as I realized just how close our bodies were.
"We should probably finish up dinner..."
I mumbled, hiding my face, already knowing that it was turning red due to embarrassment. The sound of Seonghwa chuckling caused my heart to flutter.
Just then, he unwrapped his arms from my body before walking back towards the stove. Taking a deep breath, I walked back over to my brownie batter, using the spatula to even it out and get any extra batter off of the bowl.
Remembering the batter that was on my face, I turned and wiped it off of my cheek before sticking my finger in my mouth. Completely unaware of Seonghwa's eyes on me.