Met Gala (Version 3)

"Hey baby", you answered the phone with a smile, looking out the window as the car drove through the streets of New York.

"Hi darling, how are you feeling?" your girlfriend asks.

"Excited to see you again; I miss you already. I don't know how I will pass as your friend all night. Do you have to look so stunning?"

Jenna laughs softly, the sound making you smile wider.

"I miss you too. But we can relax as soon as we get to the venue. When are you arriving?" 

You pull your phone away, about to ask the driver, before noticing him pulling over. 

"Just got here. I'll see you soon. I love you."

You say your goodbyes before hanging up and putting your phone away.

You step out of the car with your manager, smiling and waving to the fans behind the barricades of the entrance. 

Walking through the carpeted area, you look around, trying to spot Jenna.

You see her lined up with Enrique not far from you. She looks over in your direction, a smile appearing on your face.

There's absolutely no way you'll be able to keep your hand off her all night.

Slowly, you and your manager make your way to Jenna. 

She moves to give you a quick hug, and the two of you talk normally amongst yourselves.

You resist the urge to wrap your arm around her waist as you usually would if the two of you were with friends.

Soon enough, Jenna walks the famous met stairs, and you watch on with a smile as you wait for the cue to walk yourself.

You watch her expertly pose for the cameras, the shouting behind them persisting as she offers them multiple poses.

You see your cue and walk up slowly to the spot Jenna is still posing in front of. She turns around, locking eyes with you. She gives you a quick smirk before you walk past her, and the smile that appears on your face doesn't leave as you begin posing for the cameras.

You continue moving through to each side, posing before going upstairs. As you climb the remaining steps, you see more camera operators taking pictures of Jenna. 

One of them waves you over. "Y/n, would you mind posing with Jenna? We'd love to get a shot of you together."

Jenna turns towards you with a raised eyebrow, and you shrug before nodding. "I guess that sounds okay."

You chuckle as she rolls her eyes, and you stand beside her, the two of you smiling as the camera snaps more pictures of you.

Once you finish, the two of you walk to La La Anthony. Jenna is close to reaching her, ready to hug her before she gets caught on part of her dress and almost trips.

You're quick to catch her wrist, looking at her concerned. You ask if she's alright and nods, chuckling softly from embarrassment. 

Before she registers what she's doing, she kisses your cheek in thanks.

You look at her with wide eyes, and she covers her mouth when she realises what she's done.

Thinking quickly, you smile it off before the two of you walk up to La La. The knowing look on her face makes you nervous, but you brush it off, also giving her a quick hug.

You and Jenna are handed microphones as La La begins her interview.

"I have Jenna Ortega and Y/n L/n here with me! You guys look amazing," she smiles, asking you to discuss your outfits.

While Jenna begins answering, you try not to look at her too much, terrified that you may have already exposed yourselves.

You answer the question after Jenna finishes, and La La nods.

"Jenna, did you take anyone with you to tonight's event? You know some rumours are swirling about who might accompany you."

Jenna thinks about her answer for a minute before she smiles again.

"Alani, I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I accidentally exposed myself. Y/n and I have kept this a secret for a few months now, and I've been the one hesitant to confirm our relationship because I've been scared" She takes your hand in hers and smiles at you before continuing.

"Technically, we both came alone, but this is my date for tonight, and she looks incredible", she grins, kissing your cheek in front of the camera, proudly this time.

You feel relieved, finally able to wrap your arm around her waist as La La gushes over the two of you.

You speak for a bit longer before finally entering the venue. 

Not feeling like facing your managers, you lead Jenna into the crowded room where the two of you won't be spotted.

You cup her face, looking at her with a broad smile and love in your eyes. "I can't believe you just did that."

She pulls you closer, looking up at you with a matching smile. "I had to, Y/n. I was tired of hiding and couldn't be happier not to have to anymore. I love you so much."

The two of you share a long kiss, not caring about who might be watching for once.

Total Words: 827

A/N

Hello :)

I finally finished this off and I'm quite happy with it. Sorry for the wait but let me know what you think

Also, I'm curious to know which imagine of the ones I've written has been your favourite so far so please share. It'll help me understand what kind of imagines to write later on :)

(I only like a few of my own so I really want to know if anyone likes the same ones lmao)

Also completely abandoned my other story but I will try my best to get an update out this week and get back to requests after proofreading the other parts

Hope you're all having a good day :)