Met Gala (Version 2)

You felt a nervous pit in your stomach when stepping onto the busy Met Gala stairs. The flashing of lenses and shouting of photographers on the sidelines overwhelmed you while you were guided to stand and pose.

You put on a smile and managed to look composed as you gave the photographers before you multiple poses to work with. As you turn around to pose for the photographers on the other side of the stairs, you hear screaming from the entrance to the stairs.

You turned your head to look at who the source of all the commotion was, and suddenly you felt another strange feeling in your stomach.

The butterflies that hit you as your eyes fell upon Jenna Ortega and her outfit were indescribable. You froze in place, your eyes intently following her as she flashed a smile and posed for the photographers before her. 

You feel a hand on your shoulder, and one of the Met guides gives you a warm smile. 

"Are you alright, Miss L/n? Please let me know if you're feeling unwell" You quickly shook your head, reassuring her that you were okay.

Swiftly making your way up the stairs once more, you tried your hardest not to look flushed as the embarrassment of your reaction caught up. 

You're praying Jenna didn't notice you staring, but you have a funny feeling everyone knows she made you stop dead in your tracks.

Once you reach the top of the stairs, you see La La Anthony waving you over with a smile. You met her at your previous Met, so you happily walked up and gave her a quick hug before you started your interview.

"I'm here with Y/n L/n and darling, and you look gorgeous! Talk me through your look for tonight," La La says with a warm smile.

You talk her through the components of your vintage Chanel suit while she nods. You continue talking with her for a few minutes before walking behind her into the Met venue inside. 

Your guide leads you to your table, and you spot some familiar faces sitting at your table. Feeling more comfortable, you talk amongst yourselves while drinking some champagne. 

A while later, you stretch your legs and get something from the bar not far from your table. When you reach the bar, you realise who's standing before you, and you internally panic again.

Jenna turns around, a drink refill in her hand as she locks eyes with you. You pretend nothing happened earlier and introduce yourself with the last bit of confidence you had for the night.

With a smile, you reach out your hand as you say, "Jenna, you probably don't know who I am, but I'm a big fan of your work. Y/n Ln, it's nice to meet you."

Jenna returns the smile and shakes your hand gently. "So it wasn't you who froze when they saw me walk up? That's a shame; I hoped to catch that gorgeous stranger in the suit."

Your eyes widen as you watch her smirk slightly. Fuck she's smooth.

"Alright, you got me, I was hoping no one noticed, but that was wishful thinking with hundreds of cameras at those stairs", you chuckled, making her laugh softly.

"Well, how about you grab your refill, and we can talk about why you got so mesmerised by me?" she winked, sipping her drink. 

You nodded and ordered your drink, soon walking to one of the empty seats and sitting beside Jenna.

With alcohol in your system, you gain back some confidence. Turning towards her, you smile. "So, either I misheard, or you called me gorgeous earlier. I must say, you don't seem like such a flirt from your interviews."

Jenna raises her eyebrow at you, smirking wide. "Wow, you are a fan, huh? How many interviews have you watched? I'd be happy to sign an autograph for a big fan like yourself," she laughs.

You continue your flirty banter well into dinner and soon go to the after-party together.

Stepping out of the car alongside each other, you watch fans excitedly scream and crowd around the entrance of the after-party venue. You take a chance to stop and sign a few autographs before catching up to Jenna, who is already inside.

She stands at the side with her bodyguards as you walk beside her again. "Aw, you waited for me? You're a sweetheart Ortega" you tease her. 

"Anything for my fans", she blows you a kiss, making you chuckle.

You spend the rest of the night together, catching up with friends, dancing and drinking to relieve the stress you felt earlier that night. 

Although you already know how embarrassed you will be to read about your gay panic tomorrow, you couldn't care less if it got you closer to Jenna Ortega.

Total words: 782

A/N

This is probably the most I've related to Y/n in my stories because that gay panic was REAL.

Anyway hope this was ok :)

I'm also gonna make you all wait for version 3 of the Met Gala stories because I'm not happy with how it turned out yet so hopefully tomorrow it'll be up.