Chapter One: Diplomatic Mission

The date is July 12th, 2402, the time is 0700 hours aboard the USS Bonaventure

The date is July 12th, 2402, the time is 0700 hours aboard the USS Bonaventure. The crew members continue to prepare themselves for when their guests arrive. The Bonaventure is in orbit of the Planet, Coridan. 'Captain' Damian Decker and his crew were ordered by Starfleet Command to take part in diplomatic negotiations between Coridan and the Evora Delegation.

 'Captain' Damian Decker and his crew were ordered by Starfleet Command to take part in diplomatic negotiations between Coridan and the Evora Delegation

Trivia:

The Evora only achieved warp drive in 2374, a year before the Federation Council made them a protectorate. The Evora greeting was complex and required much emphasis; Yew-cheen Chef-faw. The receiver responded by placing a beaded headdress on the greeter's head. The Evora are fond of eating flowers, leading some to speculate that they are vegetarians. The one flower that the Evora enjoy most of all is Chrysanthemums.

The Evora and Coridan were unable to agree on a recent trade deal since the Evora needed certain resources only Coridan could provide. The Coridan Chancellor was not convinced it would be beneficial to aid the Evora, since Coridan was continually attacked by Orion Mercenaries. The Federation placed an Orbital Defense Installation to give Coridan protection right after Coridan was given Federation membership. Unfortunately, the Station was over 133 years old and its technology was antiquated. Over the years, Starfleet gradually improved and upgraded the Station so it can keep up with the times. Yet, there was great debate within the Starfleet Corps of Engineers to dismantle the Station and replace it with a new one. The problem is it would take a considerable amount of time, and 

Trivia:
The year was 2268, and delegates from the Federations member worlds, consisting of Earth, Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar Prime were being transported by the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 to a neutral planet designated as Babel. Coridan, a planet with an unlimited wealth of dilithium crystals, submitted its application to enter the Federation. Some members favored admission, but others were against it. Under Federation law, Coridan could be protected and its wealth could be administered for the benefit of its people since it was underpopulated and unprotected against aggressive factions hoping to exploit Coridan for any reason. During the voyage to Babel, the Enterprise was attacked by Orions who sent infiltrators into the ship to murder the delegates in order to create suspicion and interplanetary war. The Orions were thwarted but destroyed themselves to avoid capture. The Spy that was captured, altered to pass as an Andorian, poisoned himself to prevent Starfleet from questioning him.