Chapter Thirteen: Traitors

Damian Decker didn't want to believe it, but it was true. He asked himself: Out of all the people who could've betrayed him, "why did it have to be Bruce Barclay and Ensign Kalar?"

"Bruce, what are you doing?" asked Damian. He couldn't understand why Bruce would do something like this. Unaware of the Ceti Eel embedded in his ear. Kalar also had an Eel in her ear, but there was nothing that anyone could do.

"I'm sorry, Damian, but I-I have no choice," replied Bruce. Tears flow from his eyes, as his body shook. Ensign Kalar takes a communications device from her pocket. Holding it close to her mouth, Kalar activates it, and broadcasts to the Saratoga.

"Mistress, are you receiving this?" asked Kalar. Doctor Sloane's voice can be heard over the speaker.

"I am, Ensign Kalar. You and Mister Barclay have done well," said Doctor Sloane.

"I had a feeling that Barclay couldn't be trusted," said Thay'la. Feeling betrayed by Bruce, the Andorian tactical officer attempts to jump him. Damian rushes her to the ground, and Bruce vaporizes a security guard before he can draw his weapon.

"Don't move, anybody," said Bruce. He didn't want to hurt anyone, but he would if they didn't comply.

"Mister Barclay, we are waiting," said Doctor Sloane. "What's taking you so long?"

"I-In a moment, Mistress. We're trying to keep everyone still. If they don't, we kill them," said Bruce. The look in Bruce's eyes signaled Damian that he didn't want to do it.

"Damian, help me," Bruce said in his head. Bruce couldn't stand the thought of killing anybody, not even Damian.

"It's too late, Mister Barclay. Nobody can help you now, said the Eel in Bruce's mind.

Doctor Sloane's patience was wearing thin. She wanted Bruce and Kalar to kill Damian Decker now. She places her hand over her head.

"You don't need to keep everyone still, Mister Barclay. What you and Ensign Kalar need to do is kill Damian Decker," ordered Doctor Sloane.

Damian Decker looks at Bruce and Kalar. His expression signals Bruce and Kalar to fight off what is controlling them. Bruce's hands begin to struggle, and Kalar starts to hesitate.

"Mistress, I-I can't," said Kalar. "Damian Decker is my C.O. I-I," Kalar's body starts to shake.

"Kill him, now, you pathetic little maggots," shouted Doctor Sloane. She wanted Damian Decker and his crew dead. Bruce Barclay and Kalar couldn't take it anymore.

Kalar falls to the ground, screaming in agony as the Ceti Eel in her ear starts wiggling its way out. Causing Kalar's ear to bleed, and drive her mad. She takes the phaser, setting it to the highest setting. She aims the phaser at her chest and she's disintegrated within a millisecond. Her deadly scream echoes throughout the Bridge, and everyone focuses their attention on Bruce Barclay.

Dropping the phaser onto the floor, Bruce covers his right ear and groans in pain as the eel finds its way out. Bruce shouts to the top of his lungs before passing out. Doctor Goldsmith rushes over to check on Bruce. Taking out a medical tool, Doctor Goldsmith examines Bruce to find the Ceti Eel emerging from Bruce's ear. It's covered in blood, and the blood drips down Bruce's ear.

 It's covered in blood, and the blood drips down Bruce's ear