Chapter Fourteen: Final Showdown

Sol System:

The USS Bonaventure drops out of warp and enters the Sol System. Damian Decker and his crew hoped that they had arrived in time. It was quiet, and not a single ship was in sight. Except for Earth Spacedock, and the shuttles going to and from the Station. The silence was suspicious to the Bonaventure crew. The ship enters into Earth's orbit, and searches for the Saratoga.

"We've arrived, Sir," said Jenna Perkins. She was relieved she got the Bonaventure back to the Sol System in time. That is if it was in time.

"Good," said Damian. He turns to face Vailon, praying that they can find the Saratoga and neutralize her. "Vailon, scan the area for the Saratoga. They have to be here,"

Vailon taps on the controls of his console, scanning the system for the Saratoga. After five minutes of continuous scans, Vailon found nothing.

"Nothing Captain," reported Vailon. "Logically if the Saratoga is here, she must be on silent running," Damian looked at the view screen. The sight of Earth was beautiful, but he was here to stop Doctor Sloane from unleashing her sinister plan on the Earth.

"I'm not so sure," Damian said to himself. Just then, an idea popped into Damian's head. What if Doctor Sloane was already on Earth Spacedock? He turns to Vailon and Bruce, both of them working at the Science Station.

"Vailon, Bruce, scan Earth Spacedock," Damian ordered. "Check to see if there are any unauthorized transporter signatures or anything that is out of the ordinary," Vailon and Bruce tap on the controls of the science station and conduct a thorough sensor scan of the entire station. The science console suddenly started beeping rapidly.

"I have something," said Vailon.

"What is it?" Damian asked.

"Detecting two unauthorized transporter signatures," Vailon attempts to trace the transporter signatures to their destination. "Sensors indicate they have beamed to the Station's Command Center," Damian Decker nods.

"Then have the transporter room stand by," ordered Damian. He turns to Thay'la Shrol and Teresa Sanchez. "Thay'la, Teresa, you two are with me," Thay'la and Teresa walk over to Damian, and the group makes its way to the Turbolift. Before the doors open, a voice calls out to Damian.

"Captain," called out Bruce Barclay. "I'd like to go along, I'm also a trained medic in case there are any injured people," Damian was reluctant to allow Bruce to tag along, but the thought of injured people left Damian unsettled.

"Alright, Bruce, tag along," said Damian. "Vailon, you have the Bridge," The group enters the turbolift and proceeds to the transporter room. Inside the Transporter Room, Damian and his officers step onto the Pads, all armed with type 3 phaser rifles.

"Coordinates for Earth Spacedock's Corridor leading to the Command Center are set, Captain," announced the Transporter Operator. Raising their rifles, Damian and his officers prepare themselves for what awaits them.

"Ready?" Damian asked. He knew what his officers were going to say, but he enjoyed hearing it from them.

"Ready," said Teresa. Thay'la and Bruce both nod their heads, which gives Damian the confirmation he is looking for.

"Energize," Damian ordered. The Transporter Operator taps on the controls and activates the Transporter. Damian and his away team dematerialize and then rematerialize on Earth Spacedock. The away team finds themselves inside the corridor with its white paneling walking on the blue and grey carpet. Stained with blood from several dead bodies; Both human and alien. Bruce Barclay takes out his medical tricorder to see if they are still alive.