Chapter Four: Flashback

His hand close to his chin and sitting still in his chair, Damian Decker confides in his officers

"In short, like I told Commander Musiker," said Damian. He struggled to find the words he needed to describe what it was like. "I saw a ghost," Doctor Goldsmith and Thay'la Shrol look at each other, wondering what Damian was talking about.

"At first I wasn't sure it was him," said Damian. He was a bit skeptical at first because Damian was under the impression that Cade Spinelli was dead. "But now I'm certain. The ghost I saw is someone I used to know," Thay'la Shrol was curious about who this person was.

"Who was this ghost you saw, Captain?" asked Thay'la. Damian looked at his Andorian Tactical Officer, but quickly bowed his head.

"To answer that," sighed Damian. "I'd have to take you back to a point before I became Captain,"

Raffi rolled her eyes because she wasn't too fond of people who are storytellers.

"It all started when I was a first-year cadet," said Damian. He starts to flashback to his Academy days. It was a long time ago, and he was a different person in those days.

Flashback:

Damian Decker was a first-year cadet studying Stellar Cartography. He wasn't too familiar with most of his classmates because he focused most of his attention on his studies. His roommate, Cade Spinelli (who was from Denver Colorado), was also in the midst of his studies. It was Cade's dream of being a Science Officer and studying plant life, scouting alien worlds, and expanding the Federation's knowledge of the Galaxy. The two of them enjoyed good relations, and the two of them had two things in common; Exploring space, and classical music. Music such as Mozart, Beethoven, or Berlioz. On occasions, Damian listened to calm zen music to help him sleep at night when he was battling insomnia. It also helped Cade Spinelli through his hard times dealing with a certain family member of his who treated him terribly. One day, Damian and Cade were summoned to an old chemical factory that specialized in medical drugs as part of their studies in chemistry. Damian and Cade were nervous about this place since it was 150 years old. The foundation was antiquated, but the scientists and property managers couldn't get rid of it. It was the only place that was a reliable source of medical drugs needed for patients at Starfleet Medical or civilian hospitals. The rusty corroded pipes that hung in the ceiling and the jagged edges from broken conduits sent a cold chill down Damian and Cade's spines. The steam forming from exhaust vents gave the place a rather putrid stench of vomit and dead animal flesh.

"Why do we even have to be here anyway?" asked Cade. He wanted to be someplace else, as did Damian. Sadly, this is where they had to be for their studies and their finals.

"Believe me, I don't like it any more than you do, Cade," Damian felt as though he and Cade were stuck in an old Haunted House from a 21st-century Carnival. "This place just gives me the creeps," Damian wanted to back to Starfleet Academy right away and be in the comfort of his Dormitory.