Epilogue:

With Doctor Sloane in custody and the Saratoga disabled, Damian Decker and his crew take the Doctor and her troops to Starfleet Security, including Cade Spinelli. Cade might have been Damian's friend and helped his crew stop Doctor Sloane before her plan came to fruition, but he had to answer for his crimes. Because Damian Decker injected Doctor Sloane with her chemicals, she had to be treated immediately before receiving permanent brain damage. Cade and Doctor Sloane are taken to the Federation Supreme Court to stand trial. At their trial, Cade Spinelli and Doctor Sloane were found guilty of multiple crimes against humanity. The Court sentenced Doctor Sloane and Cade Spinelli to life in prison; While some preferred the death sentence. There to spend the rest of their lives doing manual labor without any chance of parole. As for Doctor Bashir and his Augments, they were allowed to return to Earth, but many among the population remained concerned with Augments living among them as free citizens. At Starfleet Command, Damian Decker and Captain Tuvok discuss the mission, and the ramifications that followed. Damian sat in a chair waiting to see Captain Tuvok. He was still having a hard time processing everything that happened.

"What's going to happen now?" Damian asked himself. This question festered in Damian's mind, as he stared at his boots. Just then, Lieutenant Harold Simmons walks up to Damian.

"Captain Decker," said Lieutenant Simmons. Damian looks up at Tuvok's assistant. "Captain Tuvok will see you now," Damian Decker smiles at Harold Simmons while nodding his head.

"Thank you, Lieutenant," replied Damian. Damian stood up and walked over to Captain Tuvok's office. As Damian walked through the corridor, he noticed a (Federation News Network) report on an LCARS Screen within the mess hall as a group of lower-ranking officers watched with anticipation. The reports spoke about Doctor Sloane, the Vanguard, and the USS Saratoga. Damian Decker continued to Tuvok's office with his hands clasped behind his back. Lieutenant Simmons and Damian reach Tuvok's office, and Lieutenant Simmons waits outside. The doors leading into Tuvok's office swish open, and Damian steps inside.

To Damian's surprise, Tuvok was joined by Marcus Spinelli (Cade's Father) and Corbin DiFalco from the USS Sojourn

To Damian's surprise, Tuvok was joined by Marcus Spinelli (Cade's Father) and Corbin DiFalco from the USS Sojourn. Both men were in their late 50's and were regarded as Starfleet legends. The two men looked behind them and greeted Damian Decker.

"Captain Decker," Tuvok greeted as he inclined his head. "Please, come in. We were just talking about you," Damian Decker was stunned by two of his idols. 

"Commodores DiFalco and Spinelli," Damian stuttered. "This is an unexpected pleasure,"

"The pleasure is all ours, Captain," said Marcus Spinelli. He stood up from his chair and walked over to Damian. Marcus shakes the young Captain's hand, and Damian reciprocates.

"I wanted to thank you for bringing my son home," said Marcus. Even though his son was a criminal, he was glad that Cade was still alive.

"I thought he was dead for a long time," Marcus Spinelli spent a lot of years blaming himself for what happened to his son. Even with Corbin trying to help him, Marcus couldn't help but feel as though he failed as a Father.