Chapter Three: Assassination Attempt

Outside Captain Tuvok's office by the Spaceport, an old Argo Class Shuttlecraft from the USS Bonaventure carries Teresa Sanchez down to Starfleet Command

Outside Captain Tuvok's office by the Spaceport, an old Argo Class Shuttlecraft from the USS Bonaventure carries Teresa Sanchez down to Starfleet Command. The Argo Shuttle was an outdated model, but it was the only type of small craft the Bonaventure crew had at their disposal until newer models were ready. Despite the Argo's age, it was still a reliable craft capable of carrying anyone from a Planet to space. Teresa was hoping to see Damian and find out what was going on. Like Damian, she was annoyed that Captain Tuvok only asked for him and nobody else. She wanted answers, and she wasn't prepared to let anything or anyone stand in her way.

"I really hope Captain Tuvok isn't going to take command of the ship behind Damian's back," Teresa thought to herself. It was not unlike certain legends within Starfleet History to replace certain Captains of certain Starships because their experience was greater than the new recruit, or because it was the Legends, their personal pride, and past glory that influenced their judgment.

The Shuttlecraft lands at the Starfleet Spaceport, and Teresa prepares to disembark when she spots Damian Decker through the transparent aluminum as he is leaving the building with Captain Tuvok. The two men stop when they spot the Shuttle. They didn't understand why the Shuttle was parked at the Spaceport, because it wasn't expected to arrive.

"Captain Decker," said Tuvok to Damian. Damian turns to Tuvok, wondering what he was going to ask him. "Did you order a shuttlecraft to pick you up?"

"No. *looks at Tuvok* Did you?" asked Damian. Captain Tuvok shakes his head 'no', and the Argo's Door opens to reveal Teresa Sanchez. She walks down the ramp and onto the paved blacktop. 

"Well, it's a good thing it's my Chief Engineer," chuckled Damian nervously. All of a sudden, the Shuttlecraft explodes, sending a huge ball of fire into the air. Several engineers working on the Shuttle are pushed and fall onto the floor because of the explosion. Pieces of debris are all over the place, and firefighters come out to put out the fires. Damian Decker and Captain Tuvok were also pushed by the explosion and picked themselves up to find out what is going on. After collecting themselves, the two officers run over to Teresa to check on her. The front of her uniform was burned and ashes were seen on her sleeves, she had second-degree plasma burns and had to be taken directly to Starfleet Medical

"Teresa," said Damian worryingly as he kneeled down to turn Teresa over. She is barely conscious and groans as the burns on her face and hands were extremely painful. 

"Damian," groaned Teresa. "Sorry, I'm late," Damian chuckled nervously and taps his combadge to signal the Transporter Station.

"This is Damian Decker to Transporter Station, I need an emergency transport for two to Starfleet Medical immediately," said Damian. Damian places his hand on Teresa's shoulder and the two are beamed directly to Starfleet Medical.

Starfleet Medical

Damian Decker patiently stares at a picture of him and Teresa. He holds it in his hands while sitting in the waiting room of Starfleet Medical; Patiently waiting for an update on Teresa's condition. The sheer amount of white and green on the walls and ceiling almost blinded Damian since he wasn't used to bright colors. Soon after, Doctor Goldsmith comes in to inform Damian of what happened. When he heard about the supposed 'accident' at the Spaceport, he quickly beamed off the Bonaventure to be there to treat Teresa's wounds.