THE TALE OF THE IMMORTAL chapter 2

clashes of superiors

The general was walking with a certain nervousness and was always on the lookout for any possible surprise attacks by the locals.

(sem pov)

As much as he was subconsciously nervous he knew he didn't need to be like that, the machines that followed him had a sensor that identifies any type of person or threat at least within a radius of 43 meters.

ironwood pov

Ironwood Mind: This is weird, there's no one in the village and we haven't seen a sign of life.

???: Damn that *hic* bastard with the stupid *hic* beard, I didn't even want to be in that shitty fucking ceremony anyway *hic*.

A loud, slurred voice came out of an alley, the figure who owned the voice was an obviously drunk old man.

Ironwood: Excuse me sir.

The old man turned but still seemed to be paying no attention to the general.

Old man: Hmmmm...*hic* who are you, did you come to make a movie with those actors there with you?

Ironwood: I'm from the army of .....

Ironwood's speech could not be finished due to a quick vomiting movement from the old man, the movement was so fast that it ended up calling the attention of the robots who would have raised their weapons if it weren't for ironwood's order.

ironwood:....Atlas *sigh*

I approached the old man who was still vomiting a little. As I approached and saw that he was already composing himself, the general gave him a deep look.

ironwood: sir, I'm here on a mission, I need you to tell me where the leader of this village is.

Old man: *hic* maybe you have to come back tomorrow, the ceremony doesn't end until tonight so *hic* Tomorrow I'll be able to talk to you straight away.

I get even closer to the old man and stare at him threateningly.

Even dizzy from vomiting and drinking, you could see the expression on the man's face and realized that maybe now was the best time to get back to acting normal.

Old; t-t-t the temple . Y-y-y you want to go there right cause he's there *hic*.

The old man points to a large house on top of a hill, with a ladder leading to the top.