Chapter 4 - A new beginning

Start bij het begin

"Ohh.."

Shidou remembered again. He asked his little sister Kotori to wake him up because he wasn't the morning-type person.

"I shouldn't have done that"

He slowly sat up on his bed, yawning. Looking into his mirror, he realized that over the years, his appearance had gotten worse. He hadn't had the chance to cut his hair either. Shidou dragged himself to the living room to prepare dinner for both him and Kotori.

"...Huh?"

The house looked a little different from usual. The wooden table had been dragged away from the middle of the room, acting as a barricade against a wall. He could see pigtails shivering behind it.

"..." he sneaked up behind the table.
Kotori was sitting there, trembling, arms on her knees and tears in her eyes.

"Boo!" He jumped up.

"EEEAAAH!"

Kotori rolled back, hitting the wall behind her. She looked around desperately trying to find a escape route.

 She looked around desperately trying to find a escape route

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Woah, Calm down! It's me, Kotori."

"ueh?..Big bro..?"

"Yup."

"N-nothing scary?"

"Nope. I come in peace. Me, friend."

"O-oh."

Kotori's tense and scared face relaxed, returning to her cute and playful face.

.....

Kotori was sitting on the couch while Shidou was making breakfast. It was a regular morning routine for both of them.
Shidou often had to take over the kitchen since their parents have business trips from time to time.. of course, they didn't know who they were working for. He fetched some eggs from the kitchen, beating them in a large bowl.
Kotori kept switching channels as she was bored and didn't find anything interesting until..

"Early this morning, in the outskirts of Tenguu City..."

"Hmm?" Shidou rarely paid attention to the television, but this attracted his attention.
The reason was the location. Tenguu City.

"Huh? That's pretty close. Did something happen?"

He leaned over the kitchen counter to get a better look at the TV. It was a large Amusement Park, with a lot of buildings around it destroyed and the Amusement park itself also having a quite large amount of damage.

Shidou sighed, "Ahh.. A spacequake huh?"

He shook his head.
The phenomenon known as a spatial quake encompassed a broad scope of tremors. Because no one knew how or why they occurred, it was impossible to predict one or know the scale of one's damage. Spacequakes included everything from explosions to earthquakes to evanescence.
It made as much sense as a giant monster destroying the city on a whim. It was 30 years ago. In the middle of the Eurasian continent, in the territory of the former Soviet Union, China and Mongolia, the first Spacequake appeared. Approximately 150 Million people's were announced dead.
In the following six months, smaller spacequakes would appear all around the world.