Mama's Weekend Away

Nancy was going away for the weekend for work, Jonathan wanted them to say goodbye to one another at the airport with Steve with them but decided against it, which they were glad for because Steve was definitely causing a scene.

"NOOOOO, WAN MAMA" he cried and screamed for Nancy. He probably would've done the same if it were Jonathan but he just couldn't stand seeing either of them leave him.

"Baby, she's coming back in a few days"

"NOOOO" Steve had worked himself up at the thought of Nancy leaving even if it was for a few days.

"Ok babe, I really need to go now" Nancy says as they both pry Steve off of her.

"NOOOO MAMA" Steve reaches out for her.

"I love you, I'll be back soon promise" she kisses them both goodbye before eventually leaving the house. She locks it after her as she knew Jonathan probably would be racing with Steve to the door so he could lock it before Steve got out. Jonathan had to put Steve down on the floor, who continued his upset. He was screaming, crying, he was kicking his feet about and was just having a tantrum on the floor.

"Dada's gonna be right here, whenever you're ready baby" Jonathan wasn't upset with him, he could understand why Steve was acting like this. He just wanted to make sure Steve knew he was gonna wait for him to calm down to talk to him. He didn't stray too far though because Steve's head was quite close to the bottom step. It only took 45 minutes for Steve to eventually calm down.

"Dada?" Steve hiccuped.

"Here baby" he held his arms out and Steve made his way into Jonathan's lap.

"Miss mama" he mumbles as he fiddles with Jonathan's top.

"I know baby, I do too"

"Dada too?" Steve looked up at him.

"Of course I do bud, I love mama just as much as you do"

"Dada 'ad?" Steve sniffles.

"Dada's a little sad yeah, but hey she'll be back before we know it" the two sat on the floor just cuddling for a bit until they decided to get up off the floor.

"Let's get some clothes on and then maybe we can plan our weekend" Jonathan takes him upstairs to his bedroom before grabbing some clothes for Steve. He changes his nappy before putting him into a white short sleeve bodysuit with blue koala faces on it, a pair of black leggings, a short sleeve safari animal t shirt and a pair of grey and orange stripe socks.