Chapter thirty one

Nkem was feeling uneasy and sick, she felt like she had the flu. She was lying down on the couch when she heard the doorbell. She tried to get up, but her body felt so heavy. She dragged herself to the door and opened it, and to her surprise, Marco's mother was standing in front of her.

"Mrs. Rossi, what a surprise," Nkem said, trying to hide her discomfort.

"Please, call me Maria. What are you doing here all alone? Where is Marco?" Maria asked as she walked into the apartment.

"He's at work," Nkem answered weakly.

Maria could sense that something was not right. She looked at Nkem with a concerned expression and asked, "Are you okay?"

Nkem shook her head and explained that she was feeling unwell. Maria immediately took charge and insisted on taking her to the hospital. After a brief consultation with the doctor, they found out that Nkem was pregnant.

Nkem was stunned. She had never imagined that she would become pregnant so soon. She was happy, but at the same time, she was worried about what Marco would think. They had talked about having children, but she never thought it would happen this fast.

Maria was happy for Nkem, and she offered to help her break the news to Marco. Nkem was hesitant at first, but she knew that she needed all the support she could get. Maria called Marco and asked him to come to the apartment as soon as possible.

When Marco arrived, he was surprised to see his mother and Nkem sitting on the couch. He could sense that something was wrong.

"What's going on?" Marco asked, his heart racing.

Maria looked at him with a smile on her face and said, "Marco, you're going to be a father."

Marco's eyes widened, and he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He looked at Nkem, who was still in shock, and then back at his mother.

"I'm going to be a dad?" Marco asked, almost in disbelief.

Maria nodded and hugged her son. Marco hugged her back, and then he turned to Nkem. He took her hand and pulled her up from the couch.

"We're going to be parents," Marco said with a smile.

Nkem smiled back, and tears streamed down her face. She was happy and overwhelmed with emotions. She knew that it wouldn't be easy, but with Marco by her side, she knew they could handle it.

The three of them spent the rest of the evening talking about the baby, and Maria gave Nkem some advice on what to expect during her pregnancy. Marco was over the moon, and he couldn't wait to be a father.

As the evening came to an end, Marco and Nkem hugged Maria and thanked her for her support. They watched as she walked out of the apartment and into the elevator. Nkem turned to Marco and smiled.

"I can't believe it. We're going to be parents," Nkem said.

"I know. I'm so happy," Marco replied, kissing her forehead.

Nkem looked up at him and said, "Thank you for being here for me. I couldn't have done it without you."

Marco took her hand and said, "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

They hugged each other tightly, and in that moment, they knew that their lives would never be the same. They were about to embark on a new journey together, and they were excited for what the future held.