Chapter twenty

As finals approached, Nkem found herself increasingly stressed and anxious. She spent most of her time in the library studying, and her usual bubbly personality seemed to have disappeared. Marco noticed her change in demeanor and decided to surprise her with a lunch date to help her relax.

He texted her in the morning, "Hey beautiful, how's studying going?"

Nkem replied, "It's going okay, just a bit stressed."

Marco responded, "How about I take you out for lunch and we can relax for a bit?"

Nkem was hesitant at first, not wanting to waste any precious study time, but she eventually gave in, realizing that she needed a break. She quickly finished up her studying for the day and met Marco at a nearby café.

As they sat down, Marco ordered two of Nkem's favorite dishes and they chatted about their day. Nkem felt grateful for the break and the opportunity to spend time with Marco. She felt her stress melting away as they talked and laughed.

After they finished their meal, Marco surprised her again by taking her to a nearby park. They walked around the beautiful gardens and sat by a pond, watching the ducks swim by. Marco held her hand and whispered sweet nothings in her ear, making her heart skip a beat.

Nkem couldn't believe how lucky she was to have someone like Marco in her life. She felt grateful for his love and support, especially during such a stressful time.

As they walked back to campus, Nkem couldn't help but feel a sense of calm and peace. She was ready to tackle her finals with renewed energy and focus, knowing that Marco would be there to support her every step of the way.