Chapter twenty seven

Nkem couldn't shake off the feeling of being unwelcomed by his father. She couldn't believe that he would be so narrow-minded to judge her based on her skin color. Marco tried to console her, but she was inconsolable

As they sat on the couch in Marco's apartment, Nkem was sobbing, and Marco was holding her tightly, trying to calm her down. "It's okay, baby. Don't worry about it. He'll come around," Marco said soothingly, rubbing her back.

But Nkem couldn't stop crying. "I don't know, Marco. I just feel like I'm not good enough for your family. Your father clearly doesn't approve of me just because of the color of my skin. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this."

Marco was silent for a moment, thinking of what to say to her. "Nkem, listen to me. My father's views don't define us. We are who we are, and we love each other. I understand how you feel, but we can't let his views affect us. We'll just have to prove to him that you are worthy of being part of our family."

Nkem looked up at him, still wiping away tears from her eyes. "How are we going to do that?"

Marco smiled at her. "We'll just keep being us. We'll show him that our love is real, and it doesn't matter what he thinks. He'll come around eventually."

Nkem gave him a small smile. "I hope so."

They sat in silence for a while, with Marco holding her tightly in his arms. Eventually, Nkem fell asleep, exhausted from all the emotions she had been feeling. Marco carried her to the bedroom and lay her down gently on the bed, covering her with a blanket.

He sat down next to her and watched her sleep, thinking about how much he loved her and how lucky he was to have her in his life. He knew that his father's views were outdated and that he would eventually come around, but for now, he just wanted to focus on Nkem and making her happy.

The next morning, Nkem woke up feeling much better. She got dressed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Marco joined her a few minutes later, and they had breakfast together, talking about their plans for the day.

As they were finishing up, Marco's phone rang. It was his father. Marco answered, and they spoke for a few minutes. When he hung up, Nkem could see that he was tense.

"What did he say?" she asked.

"He wants to meet us for lunch today," Marco replied.

Nkem's heart started pounding. She was nervous about seeing his father again, especially after what had happened the previous night. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" she asked hesitantly.

Marco took her hand. "Yes, I'm sure. We'll go there together, and we'll show him that we're serious about each other. He'll see that you're a wonderful person, and he'll come around. I promise."

Nkem nodded, still feeling nervous, but she trusted Marco. They got dressed and headed out to meet his father.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Marco's father was already there, sitting at a table in the corner. He stood up when he saw them and greeted them formally.

"Good afternoon, Marco. Nkem," he said, nodding at them.

"Good afternoon, sir," Marco replied, trying to keep his voice steady.

Nkem greeted him too, and they all sat down at the table