Part 19

The prince ran into the room and immediatly back out of it, yelling for Frances who was supposed to be guarding the door. Ziev came in and nearly slipped on the blood. Hellena was whiping the blood off Faith while whispering protecting incantations too quiet for the men to hear. we did want any curses to fall on Faith so even though it was a risk to say them with three guards and Ziev in the room we needed to. 

"oh Faith I am so sorry we will make sure nothing like this happens again" he said into her hair when the blood was off her. I held the letter in my hand that Faith pulled off the knife that was embedded in our door. embedding it was the sound we thougth was a knock. this letter too was covered in blood. 

Maiden? Liar, Hag, Crone

Mother? Whore, Viper, Slut

I am on to you

this letter too was covered in blood. I needed to know what kind of blood this was. I rubbed my soaked fingers together with the slick and sticky feeling of the blood on them. the copper smell in the air. I was distractedly staring at the blood that I didn't notice all who entered until a histerical Cora was dragged into the room by Demitri and the guared Frances. 

"I was almost here when this happened I had just left to find a salty snack for thier cravings if I hadn't had left I would have been here" she gripped the Prince's shirt and cried as he held her. I guess he saw she was gone and went to find Cora "or if I had left a few minuets later I could have been there when he threw the knife" 

"please breath my love all is well you are safe" she was wailing so loud I couldn't think. the King and queen arrived next ordering for all this to be cleaned over the sounds of Cora's screaming. even Faith had calmed down and she was the one to open the door. 

"what is that you are holding" the king asked walking up to me. I held the note out to him. while I saw the message in it I figured that he would not see the true threat. "this is a poem?" 

"I think it is someone who is jelous of the girls calling them such names" the Queen said liking at the letter over the kings shoulder. I still remained frozen in my spot not responding. Maiden, mother and crone, the triple goddess my godess was in that letter meaning someone not one knows that we are witches but also the know about witch culture. I started to think about my attack he said his cousin asked him to attack me. I assumed that it was Cora but maybe there was someone eles. I needed out of this room with all of the screaming I needed to think. without saying a word I walking out threw the blood they were cleaning up. I heard footsteps behind me as I continued. 

"the king was calling for you" Precilla and Hellena said as the caught up to me steps. no one eles was trailing us becuase Nema was leading the clean up in my room. 

"the letter mentioned the maiden, mother and crone that is not a coinsidence amongst all the insulting words those three are rather tame to be chosen to insult us unless the goal wasn't to insult us or scare three girls it was a warning" I sad choosing my words carefully 

"someone knows" Helena said 

"someone is pissed" Pricilla continued 

"I was originally thinking that Cora was sending people after me but I looked into her family line she has no male cousins of adult age she is the oldest by ten years" 

"that would put her oldest cousin at what seven years old?" Helena asked 

"exactly not old enough to attack me and he said that his cousin sent him" I confirmed 

"I may be stretching her but what if Cora is actually another victim in this person's plot" Precilla asked causeing me to stop in my pace. how could I be this stupid, they having been having sex for years before I arrived and still no child even on accident. 

"we came in with those protections and moved to quickly the attacker didn't know and failed to stop my pregnacy" I said 

"but why" Helena asked

"first we need to confirm the theory, we need to know if she was made barren by means of force" I looked at them and understood "then we will know if this person is after us or after the royal family and we just got in the way" 

Precilla nodded and we continued to my old room it needed to be searched.