Abhishek stares at Pragya as he tried to remember her somehow, find her somewhere in his memory which was all darkness now.

Pragya nervously gulps as she looked at him.

"I don't remember her." Abhishek says panicking.

"It's okay, relax." The doctor gently tells him as he patted him.

"Why can't I remember?" Abhishek asks as his eyes filled up and he looked at the doctor.

"The injury to your head..."

Abhishek cuts him off. "Why me? Why did it happen to me?" Abhishek asks him.

Doctor looks at Pragya as he had no answer to that question. Pragya also helplessly looks at him.

Doctor turns to Abhishek and tells him as gently as possible. "There is one more thing I need to tell you."

"What?"

"Your wife is 4 months pregnant. You are going to be a father."

"What?" Abhishek asks in shock as he looked at Pragya and finally notices her protruding stomach.

**********

"Enthengillum bhuddimuttu undo?"

Abhishek stares at the nurse in confusion.

"She is asking whether you've any uneasiness." Pragya tells him.

Still staring at the nurse, Abhishek shakes his head in negative.

"Malayali alla?" Nurse asks Pragya curiously as she started taking Abhishek's vitals.

Pragya shakes her head in negative then noticing Abhishek looking at her curiously, expecting her to translate, Pragya tells him, "She was just asking me whether you are not a malayali."

"Did I forget the language?" Abhishek asks worriedly.

"No, you are north Indian." Pragya tells him. "You were born and raised in Pune."

"And you?" Abhishek asks her.

"Malayali."

"If you need anything, please call me." The nurse tells Abhishek and leaves.

After the nurse left, Abhishek turns to Pragya and asks her, "How long have we been married?"

"8 months."

"How did we meet?" Abhishek asks her curiously.

"You came here. We met." Pragya says as she tried to think of a possible story.

"Why did I come here?"

"You are an artist and you've been traveling around." Pragya says as she made up a story.

"And I stay here now?" Abhishek asks her confused.

"Yeah, after we met and fell in love. You decided to stay here with me."

"Hmmm. What place is this?"

"Wayanad."

Abhishek nods. "We love each other?"

Pragya nods.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you." Abhishek tells her gently.

"You don't have to say sorry." Pragya says uncomfortably, as she had been praying that he doesn't get his memory back. As cruel as it was, this was her only solution.

"You shouldn't have to go through all this in this condition." Abhishek tells her regretfully.

"This is not in our hand."